27 Jul 2016
Abia State Polytechnic, Aba Job Vacancies, July 2016
Job Title: Librarian
- Candidates must have at least a Master's degree in Library Science. Possession of a Ph.D will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must have evidence of scholarly publications related to library/Information Science in reputable journals and books.
- Candidates should have had a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, and at a level not below the rank of Deputy Librarian or its equivalent in a tertiary institution.
- In addition, candidates must belong to the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) as well as the Nigerian Library Association (NLA).
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further period of five years and no more.
- Conditions of service are as applicable in all other Polytechnics in Nigeria.
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and the head of the Bursary Division.
- As the custodian of the finances, he plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the operation of the financial activities of the Polytechnic.
- He is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day financial operation of the polytechnic.
- A good honour's degree or HND in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized institution of higher learning, plus at least fifteen (15) years of cognate experience, in addition to membership of any recognized professional Accounting body - ICAN, ACCA; or CAN.
- Post qualification experience of not less than five years as a deputy Bursar/Chief Accountant is required.
- The candidate should not be older than 50 years upon appointment and must be of good health, demonstrate versatility in leadership, excellent interpersonal skills and Management of staff and students.
- In addition, the candidate must have adequate competences in information technology.
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further period of five (5) years and no more.
- Conditions of Service are as applicable in all other Polytechnics in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should be submitted in fifteen copies accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applications and their supporting documents are to be submitted under confidential cover to:
Abia State Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 7166, Aba,
Reference reports from three referees are to be forwarded directly the Registrar and Secretary to the Council. Such referees should be able to attest to the Candidates’ claims to high academic and managerial capacity as well as their noted uprightness.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline 25th August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.