22 Jul 2016
Accountant Job in Lagos at Andela
untapped markets for talent development.
Andela is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
About the Accountant Role
- You will be part of a high-functioning team where your work matters. You will make a difference and join our mission.
- As most start-ups, we operate at lightning speed, and if you embrace it, you'll be challenged every day. This position will report directly to the Finance Manager, Lagos.
- The Accountant will provide overall account support for Andela Lagos operations with accurate preparation of financial statement of affairs; timely execution of monthly payroll, recording of expenses and reconciliations as required.
The specific responsibilities of the Accountant will include:
- Assist in preparing accrual basis monthly balance sheet, statement of operations and requested additional schedules for dashboard for parent company within 10 days of each month end.
- Assisting in managing treasury functions which includes updating the weekly bank and payment positions and ensuring that the Company’s bank accounts are properly funded at all times.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts in the ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany activity with parent company and other Andela subsidiaries
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Provide admin support and contract compliance reviews if any as required by the Finance Manager, Lagos.
- Assist in developing reporting processes, procedures and internal controls for maintaining the efficient flow of all financial transactions
- Execute monthly payroll in time for Management review and bank advice. Timely payroll processing and take full responsibility for all Nigerian Government Payroll Compliance And Reporting
- Manage the Fixed Asset process, including maintaining a Fixed Asset register and running of monthly depreciation.
- Monitor assigned payroll activities including taxes and pensions etc. to ensure Andela’s compliance with related laws of the country and timely remittance of same by administrators
- Manage all accounts payables and issue out petty cash to staff and Fellows in line with approved documentation
- Manage the accounts receivable process, including billing and cash collections
As the ideal candidate for this role, you should:
- Have a BSc in Finance/Business Administration with minimum ICAN Skill Level
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in an accounting and payroll function
- Have a clear understanding of finance processes, tax and pension process
- Have accurate book-keeping skills
- Be able to communicate clearly and present work product clearly
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of an interdepartmental team in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to use Quickbooks or learn same pretty fast
- Have a good knowledge of MS Excel and other MS office tools
- Be able to monitor progress and takes action or escalates as needed
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.