Capricorn Digital Limited is a fast growing digital solution and
distribution company based in Nigeria that supports the growth of
businesses through the efficient and effective distribution of digital
products and services by utilising an extensive distribution footprint
We focus on products and services that can be digitized
and works with merchants to create the most efficient and effective
means of distributing those products and services, thereby reducing time
to market and driving sales
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer,
Corporate Finance will have primary responsibility of planning,
directing, implementing and controlling all financial-related activities
of the company as well as its relationship with lending institutions,
shareholders, and the financial community.
This will include
direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic
planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, investor
relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
direct and manage processes for treasury, budgeting, audit, tax,
accounting, purchasing, long range forecasting, and insurance
activities for the organisation
- Provides leadership in the
development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term
strategic financial objectives
- Ensure credibility of
Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets,
financial trends and forecasts.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Analyse, consolidate and direct all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine report
and analyse studies of general economic, business and financial
conditions and their impact on the organisation’s policies and
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business partnering opportunities.
the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance department and
that all related staff are well trained, developed, regularly
performance appraised and motivated to perform their duties on a
- Take hands-on lead
position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a
comprehensive financial ERP application system necessary to
maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting
and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of
new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Coordinate tax reporting programs and investor relations activities
that effective internal controls are in place and ensure
compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws
and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Appraise the
organisation’s financial position and issue periodic reports on
organisation’s financial stability, liquidity and growth
Qualification and Requirements
- BA / BSc in Economics, Engineering, Law, Accounting or Finance (2:1 and above)
- MBA, Masters or Post Graduate degree in Finance, Strategy or Economics (International degrees are highly desirable)
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles,
preferably in a Prominent Accounting Firm or FMCG, Payment
Solution, Telecommunication, ICT industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise
sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively
anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a
very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer
hours during peak periods.
- Strong experience in
financial analysis, financial reporting, variance analysis, managerial
finance, financial statements, financial modelling, strategic
planning and financial forecasting and corporate finance
Other Skills and Abilities
proficiency and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and
Power Point, Google and ERP accounting application is essential.
How to Apply
applicants should send their CVs and Cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the