27 Jul 2016
Construction Services Project Manager Job at GE Nigeria
Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Construction Services Project Manager
Job Number: 2564499
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business: GE Healthcare
Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
- The HPM Construction Services Project Manager will provide project management and be accountable for the delivery of turnkey construction services for the GE Healthcare HPM organization.
- This includes pre-order sales support and project scoping; project planning, design/layout, contractor interfacing and budgeting, submission of documentation; resource coordination and issues resolution.
- This project manager will work cross functionally with various teams.
- Serve as the primary liaison between GE and the customer team for turnkey construction projects
- Facilitating and coordinating activities required to ensure projects are completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals
- Identification, escalation and resolution of issues, which might affect customer satisfaction and GE operational targets
- Maintain full regulatory compliance and other legal requirements.
- Participation in process and cost improvement initiatives
- Provide support during commercial process, including optimizing quotation and contract execution to ensure fast cycle time and high quality projects
- Work cross functionally with sales, services, and project managers while owning the project management construction and implementation process
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of project management experience, or an Associate’s degree and 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Ability to work effectively from a remote home office location
- Ability to work with and influence team members to achieve mutual goals
- Willingness to take a drug test
- Willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple priorities to meet scheduled completion dates and customer expectations
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a matrix environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Background in architecture or construction contracting
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to installation teams and contractors
- Knowledge/experience with the healthcare industry and GEHC products
- Proficient in project management software such as MS Project
- Proficient with design tools such as AutoCAD & Visio
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Formal coursework in project management
- Six Sigma certification and/or experience in Lean methodology
- Ability to forecast and deliver on a schedule to meet quarterly revenue targets
- Previous experience in construction or working with the building trades
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a customer-friendly manner
- Experience with large-scale project management where deadlines where met on or ahead of schedule; construction, IT or installations experience preferred;
- Demonstrated customer service experience working in a clinical environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.