29 Jul 2016
Control Risks Vacancy for a Consultant, Nigeria and West Africa
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 7/29/2016 06:50:00 pm Tags: Consultancy Jobs , Consultancy-Jobs , Control Risks
providing strategic consultancy, expert analysis and in-depth investigations, handling sensitive political issues and providing practical on-the-ground protection and support.
Job Position: Consultant, Nigeria and West Africa
This is a client facing role and you will work within an experienced team, delivering solutions to senior company executives.
As a consultant in our team, you will work with colleagues who are passionate about African business and politics and who are curious and informed about the governance challenges faced by businesses in West Africa.
Our consultants are rigorous, self-driven and collegial. They have a background in law, business consulting, business administration, finance, journalism, among others. The diversity of our consultants makes our strength: we welcome candidates who can demonstrate a high level of maturity and professionalism.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
With guidance from your line manager and senior project managers, the Consultant will be responsible for the following:
Investigative case work
- Act as case manager and service multiple assignments of reasonable complexity
- Prepare, scope and price standard proposals
- Work on more complex or multi-jurisdictional tasks with support
- Investigate, use outside resources and prepare reports
- Prepare and present elements in a larger investigation Have client contact on particular assignments where acting as case manager
- Provide editing and quality control on compliance, regulatory and other public records based projects
- Manage the full administration of cases, including mastering relevant internal systems and providing guidance to administrative staff
- Contribute to marketing and profile raising events, potentially through presentations.
- Active participation in client meetings.
- Begin to develop longer-term client relationships.
- Seek opportunities to support broader regional and cross-practice project development and improve our approach to delivery.
- Mentor and train junior colleagues.
- Manage junior colleagues on cases.
- Provide feedback to junior colleagues on their performance on cases to support their development
- Education to degree or graduate degree level
- 4-6 years’ demonstrated professional experience
- Right to work in Nigeria
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese beneficial
- Experience of operating within a commercial environment
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to summarise large amounts of information in a concise manner and communicate effectively for colleagues and clients
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of key issues and business trends in the region
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.