Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading logistics service provider
to recruit an expatriate CFO for its operations in Nigeria. The position
is based in Lagos, Nigeria
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer (Expatriate)
The CFO is responsible for the
formulation of financial strategies and the coordination of plans,
budgets and initiatives so that Group business objectives are met, and
to lead the development of Corporate Governance policies and compliance.
will also be responsible for efficient management of the accounting,
reporting, treasury, insurance, taxation, information technology and
systems and internal control functions for the Company.
He will report to the Managing Director
Responsible for formulation of strategy and policies that direct the affairs of the company
Finance and Accounting:
- Provide and/or oversee the global administration of the company‘s financial activities.
- Responsible for budget and plans realization, update and follow ups
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity and reliability of all financial information and meeting the deadlines.
- Track profit and cash flow performance
- Create Best Practice network
- Select, recruit, train and retain skilled and competent staff with focus on strong succession planning.
- Implementing & managing all financial reporting tools
Treasury, IT and Risk policies:
- Responsible for Bank accounts and Cash management, Tax & Capex procedures.
- Ensure appropriate financial risk, accounting and auditing policies and procedures of the Company.
- Handling overall Taxation matters, Statutory Audits, Internal Audit, Company Law & other
the treasury function to ensure cash flow for the business is secured.
Act to minimize the financial risk profile of the Company by ensuring
that interest and foreign currency risks are well managed and in line
with the Group standards.
- Develop Optimized Capital Structures (Debt/Equity Ratios) for the various businesses and develop plans to achieve
- Must hold recognised Accountancy Qualification from one of the major internationally recognized professional institutions
- Leader of Best Practices in Strategic Thinking and Performance Management
Interpersonal Skills when interfacing with other members of Senior
Management; Government Officials and Financial/Lending Institutions
- Professional Experience in West Africa will be a plus
have a minimum 15 years post qualification experience in senior
financial management role, of which at least the last 10 years must be
in a similar role.
- Technically very strong with credentials in
Investment and Treasury Management. Financial/Operational Risk
Assessment and Management
- Leader of Best Practices in Financial Management
Attractive expatriate package