29 Jul 2016
Federal Ministry of Environment (FME) recruitment, July 2016
at 18:55 Tags: Abuja Jobs , Experienced Job Positions , Federal Ministry of Environment , Government Jobs
Job Title: Conservator - General/Chief Executive Officer of the National Park Service
The Conservator-General is responsible for:
- The execution of the policies of the Service;
- The co-ordination of the work of the secretariat of the Service and Conservators of National Parks;
- The day-to-day administration of the Service;
- Subject to the general or special directives of the Board, carry out the provisions of the National Park Act,and
- Perform such other functions as the Board or Minister may from time to time assign in relation to the National Park Service Act.
In order to qualify for the position, prospective candidates must:
- Possess a Honours Degree in Wildlife Conservation or related fields.
- Must have held a senior position in any of the IUCN’s categories of Protected Area in the Public Sector or its equivalent in the private sector.
- Practical knowledge of in-situ conservation will be an advantage
- Possession of higher degrees will be an advantage;
- Possess a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in Protected Area and Wildlife Management. Experience in National Park Management will be an advantage;
The remuneration and conditions of Service are as applicable to the post of Conservator-General and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications including curriculum vitae, which should be submitted in PDF on a CD or Flash Drive stating:
- Date of Birth,
- Marital Status,
- Educational Qualifications,
- Professional Experience,
- Credentials backed with supporting documents as to assist the Ministry in the comprehensive assessment of suitability of the candidate
The Honourable Minister,
Federal Ministry of Environment Headquarters,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Application Deadline 12th September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.