20 Jul 2016
GE Nigeria Job for a Head, Communications & Public Affairs
speaking the language of industry.
Job Title: Head, Communications & Public Affairs
The Head, Communications & Public Affairs, West Africa is responsible for leading Communications and Public Affairs strategies and plans in West Africa that are aligned with the growth objectives of GE Africa and across businesses in the region. This role would also manage marketing communications and public Affairs for Sub-Saharan Africa as a secondary responsibility.
Communications and Brand
- Represent One GE in West Africa, engage the key stakeholders and drive communications plans and messaging that…
o Contributes to regional growth and achievement of commercial objectives,
o Build the GE brand as the infrastructure leader in West Africa,
o Provide positive influence to public policy,
o Identify and mitigate potential reputation risk issues,
o Build GE as an “Employer of Choice” and contribute to employee retention.
- Work closely with Nigeria CEO and West Africa GE leaders to implement a strong communications programs in Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire and other West African countries when needed.
- Manage multiple agencies to deliver communications objectives in media relations, branding and events.
- Work closely with business leaders to identify proof points and best practice examples in support of GE Africa/country messaging.
- Build media relationships and work with targeted major business & mainstream media around GE initiatives and products.
- Develop content and execute for various corporate communications programs and initiatives encompassing above and below the line programs, digital, PR.
- Develop extensive written communications including press releases, holding statements, Q&As, position papers and pitches.
- Management of West Africa stakeholder mapping and public affairs program to engage GE stakeholders and influencers.
- Lead Digital and brand communications platform for Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Any other duties that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its band grading as requested by the Director of Communications & Public Affairs, SSA.
- Thought leadership – Work closely with Director, Communications & Public Affairs, SSA to develop and implement advocacy plans to drive change and position GE as a strategic partner to African countries and thought leader on localization. The strategy to include written content, meetings and stakeholder events.
- Stakeholder Management - Build and maintain relationships with third-party stakeholders such as decision makers and influencers. Develop program to deepen engagement with associations and think tanks with Government Affairs & Policy team. Continuously create leadership engagement platforms with stakeholders through one on one meetings, group luncheons etc.
- Strategic Advisor - Strategic adviser on market and stakeholder/interest groups Understand the economic and social landscape of the market, keep abreast with new developments and continuously provide strategic advice on the market, stakeholders and interest groups to the leadership.
- Issue/Crisis Management - Coordinate responses to issues and crises and support proactive amplification of appropriate stories to maximize benefit to GE.
- Minimum 10 - 12 years of experience in communications, with active understanding of wider communications mix; employee, external communications – TV, print, radio, events etc.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality communications and branding programs and material/output.
- Experience with the media/journalists at Editor/publisher/decision-making level is key to this role.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Excellent level of spoken and written English required. Proficiency in French language would be an advantage.
- Ability and experience in engaging stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Individual must exhibit strong interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent project manager; must possess superior organization & creative skills
- Ability to juggle priorities and meet numerous deadlines
- Able to interact professionally at all levels internally and externally
- Previous multinational experience preferred
- Self-starter, self-motivated, creative and energetic
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.