Global Spectrum Energy Services Limited, incorporated in 2006, is an integrated Pan African Oil & Gas Servicing Company involved in many of the key Oil and Gas producing areas in Africa. Our range of Services covers complimentary Maritime Security, Logistics, Energy and Engineering
Services. We are pioneering some of the leading-edge technologies and innovations in these fields. We combine our strategic operations with personnel who bring invaluable operational experience and success into the Company.
Job Title: Port Engineer
Job Description and Purpose
The company requires a suitably qualified and experienced Marine Professional with a minimum of Five (5) years proven experience in a similar role to manage and co-ordinate a Marine Fleet comprising of Security Patrol vessels , AHTS and PSV vessels based in Port Harcourt , Nigeria
Job Duties include :
1) Coordinates repair and maintenance functions furnished operating fleet to minimize loss of revenue and cost of repairs: Reviews repair request and compares request with previous work accomplished on ship concerned and similar vessels to determine that expenditures are economically sound.
2) Prepares recommendations for work, and initiates procurement of materials.
3) Inspects machinery, equipment, or spaces outlined in work request, draws up job specifications, and obtains bids from contractors or shipyards to perform repairs.
4) Maintains contact with contractors to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
5) Investigates machinery casualties to determine cause, and advises ship’s officers in methods of operation to prevent recurrence of casualty or maloperation.
6) Maintains records of engineering costs for each vessel, such as repairs, supplies, and personnel.
7) Cooperates with regulatory bodies to ensure that requirements for alterations, repair, or modifications are kept at minimum cost consistent with safety.
8/ Manages and co-ordinates all crewing issues ( Crew changes , etc )
9/ Conducts regular Sea Trials of vessels to ensure that all vessel equipemt and systems are fully functional
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply