28 Jul 2016
Head of Humanitarian Progamme Vacancy at Save the Children
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Job Title: Head of Humanitarian Progamme
Contract length: 12 months
Location: Abuja/ Maiduguri (50/50) with regular travels to Gombe
The Head of Humanitarian Programme provides support to all programmatic aspects of Save the Children humanitarian responses across the whole of Save the Children's Nigeria programme and specifically to the Humanitarian Response that Save the Children Nigeria is about to start to address the IDPs crisis in the North-Eastern State of Maiduguri and Gombe. H/She ensures humanitarian activities are effective and meet goals and objectives of Save the Children, its donors, and the needs of affected populations. Ensures the Save the Children programme is adequately prepared to respond to new emergencies and plays an appropriate role in humanitarian coordination. Ensures immediate and appropriate response to children's needs during humanitarian crises. The post holder will play a strategic role in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children humanitarian programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children. This will include working with Directors of PDQ and Operations to secure additional resources and support through members and playing taking on an advocacy role.
Qualifications and experience
- MA / MSc level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of humanitarian programme management, preparedness and response in volatile contexts
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including ECHO, FFP, DFID and OFDA)
- Security management experience across a large programme.
- Experience in developing and delivering training, as well as mentoring and coaching.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Ability to access communities sin Northern Nigeria
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Computer literate in Microsoft word, excel etc.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI's aims, values and principles.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Solid networking experience
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant Sahel region/context
- Humanitarian leadership experience in conflict zones
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.