20 Jul 2016
ICF International Vacancy for a Natural Gas Policy Specialist
and will be responsible for providing technical support in natural gas policy and regulatory development for the natural gas value chain, including generation, pricing, supply, and transport.
Job Title: Natural Gas Policy Specialist
The Expert will work closely with stakeholders in the Nigerian natural gas market to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments. Applicants must be able to demonstrate prior experience working in Nigeria or West Africa region.
Hiring for this position is contingent upon funding from USAID.
Basic Qualifications:• Demonstrated experience in natural gas sector planning, strategy, and development
• Knowledge of gas supply and demand outlook for west Africa, including sources of gas such as African production and liquefied natural gas (LNG)
• Ability to interpret reports on gas supply and demand in Africa
• Experience working with national power agencies and energy commissions
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Energy, Operations Research, Environmental Science, and/or Science or related field
• 5+ years relevant experience in the West Africa region power sector planning
• Experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, etc.
Preferred Skills/Experience:• Power Sector Expertise – familiarity with power sector planning processes, energy modeling & tools, transmission and distribution analysis, power procurement tender process, and electrification strategies
• Capacity building expertise in transmission and distribution, renewable energy resources, and energy efficiency
• 3+ years of regional/ international experience in energy sector programs
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Energy, Operations Research, Environmental Science, and/or Science or related field
• Familiarity with the political, economic, social, and cultural context of working in Nigeria/West Africa
• Experience with an international contractor or NGO
Professional Skills:• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.