Imo International Health Systems is a provider of health
services with the goal of enhancing the wellbeing of all individuals. We
focus on reducing the healthcare risk of the community by providing
quality services for the sick and encouraging preventive behaviors. Imo
International Health Systems is a chain of hospitals that is established
based on Public Private Partnership between Imo State Government of
Nigeria and International Quality Healthcare Consulting LLC, a USA based
Are you seeking a life changing
career to meet the Healthcare needs of the great people of Imo State?
Imo Health System is coming to town and we are inviting qualified
professionals and support staff to become part of the change by applying
for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
- The Compliance Manager, establishes and implements an effective
compliance program to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- The Compliance Manager, together with the Compliance Committee, will
be authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement
of the objectives of an effective compliance program.
- Develop, initiate, maintains and revise policies and procedures for
the general operation of the compliance program and its related
activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct
- Manages day-to-day operation of the compliance program.
- Establishes and provides direction and management of the compliance hotline.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication
program for the organization, including promoting a) use of the
compliance hotline, b) heightened awareness of standards of conduct, and
c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related
policies and procedures.
- Works with the human resource department and others as appropriate
to develop an effective compliance training program, including
appropriate introductory training for new employees and ongoing training
for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the compliance program and related
activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve
- Develops and periodically review and update Standards of Conduct to
ensure continuing relevance in providing guidance to management and
- Collaborates with other departments (for example, human resources,
chief security officer and health information management personnel) to
direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for
investigation and resolution.
- Consults with general counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies,
procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the
initiation of investigative procedures.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of
other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance
activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk,
develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of
problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or
deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis and, as directed or requested,
keeps the Corporate Compliance Committee and senior management informed
of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
Required Education and Experience
- Degree in Health Education and or other related disciplines.
- Professional certification and or MBA required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a health care organization in a similar role required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Familiarity with health care laws, regulations and standards.
- Understanding of coding systems, risk management and performance improvement.
- Must exhibit high levels of integrity, professionalism, trustworthiness, team orientation, and self-motivation.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Customer/Client Focus.