IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications
infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded
in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain –
colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia
and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s
tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Job Title: Insurance Analyst
Reports To: Senior Finance Manager, Tax, Regulatory & Benefits
The Insurance Analyst will assist in the reconciliation of insurance claim receipt register to the general ledger and prepare exception report in respect of claims unsettled for more than 1 week. Also prepare monthly report of all executed DVs.
- Assist in the reconciliation of insurance claim receipt register to the general ledger and prepare exception report in respect of claims unsettled for more than 1 week. Also prepare monthly report of all executed DVs.
- Maintenance of proper and detailed Claim Register/Reports covering basic information such as description of items, ageing, estimate of loss, value of DV executed, actual loss settlement compared with estimate of loss.
- Make prompt notice of any loss occurrence
Handling of all operations related insurance, tracking claims settlement and for closure of all open issues.
out research and industry analysis of claims history, trends,
accounting, reporting, coverage, payout, etc., and reviews results and
recommendations for a better risk management.
Support in providing
on-going assistance to all claims management projects, continual
improvement or quality initiatives involving the improved evaluation
and processing of all claims
- Provide necessary assistance in the completion of interim and annual audits of entities within the business.
- Any other assignment as may be required by the Manager and the Senior Manager from time to time.
- Support in proactively managing correspondences register, guidance, records and other documents with the brokers and underwriters as may as well as creating a database tracker for all vital documents.
- Assist in ensuring that all uncovered risks are promptly covered and prepare periodic report on any uncovered risk for risk mitigation.
- Assist to provide professional advice in the use of market knowledge to ensure that premium paid by IHS fits in line with competitive market pricing.
- Assist in managing and maintenance of existing policies and ensure timely renewal of expired policies
- Continuous review and liaison with insurers/broker with regards to IHS overall risk exposure and optimal coverage
- Communicating with different insurance companies and keeping track of claim payments and insurance premiums collection
- Review policies for accuracy and coverage
- Proactively support in requesting for policy changes as necessary and adequate, and necessary coverage for new locations and exposures
- Degree or its equivalent qualification in finance/business management field – ICAN/CIIN membership(Candidate with CIIN membership or progress in CIIN examinations would be an added advantage)Strong MS Excel and MS Office skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent Management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Great Analytical mind geared towards problem solving
- Minimum of 3-4 years hands -on understanding of Insurance in the telecom industry/general insurance.
- A strong understanding of insurance legislations and guidelines
- A thorough and up to date knowledge about insurance laws and regulations
- A sound knowledge about the policies offered by different companies
- Claim administration experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How To Apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.