HealthPlus Limited has become a household name in Nigeria and beyond.
Our dedication has been recognized with several awards of excellence in
the healthcare and entrepreneurship categories including the Nigerian
Healthcare Excellence Award (NHEA) for 2014 and 2015.
Our people are valued, passionate, driven and
committed to continuous learning in order to maintain the company’s
edge. Their testimonial is that they are proud to be members of the
HealthPlus family as the company offers a strong platform for achieving
We seek to employ and retain the best talents.
Job Title: Inventory Accountant
- Report to the Chief Financial Officer
- To assist the CFO in developing, establishing and implementing inventory policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update the Inventory Database of the Company.
- Alert Management on poor stock management practices observed and initiate actions to mitigate possible losses.
- Coordinate with Accounts Department to ensure that all product
costs are properly taken in the cost of sales and inventory costs.
- Perform margin analysis by SKU, category and by branch.
- Responsible for communicating inventory levels and locations to Management.
- Coordinate with Store Team to implement and ensure control system to reduce damage, breakage, expiration, short-dating, etc.
- Assist other functional units within the Finance team in carrying out jobs as and when required by Management.
- Ensure that goods received by Store are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers in the RetailPro system.
- Ensure proper, accurate, timely and relevant financial records are maintained.
- Ensure that there are duly authorized documentary approvals for all data entered into the Inventory Database.
- To ensure effective liaison between the Supply Chain Management
Team, Internal Control, Accounts and other User Departments on matters
relating to inventory management.
- Handle Goods returned by adjusting such stock item(s) out of the
Vendors Account; printing the adjusted Vendor’s invoice and passing same
to the Store and the Accounts Department.
- Maintain acceptable and accurate inventory levels at the store and retail outlets
- Support annual physical inventory process across branch network.
- Work closely with Procurement, Store and Field Management to assure proper inventory control and accounting practices.
- Support the Company budgeting process with Account Analysis.
- Report shortfalls and surplus inventory weekly and monthly for replenishment
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory
levels and consumption reports to all the relevant departments
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in Accounting with 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience in the same capacity
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in the use of ERP
- Understanding of the principles of IFRS in relation to Inventory
- Influential leadership, managerial and communications skills
- Ability to handle people, processes and products
- Sound analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Innovative and forward thinking, with a track record of executing new ideas
- Excellent organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply