GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with
software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive
and predictive. Through our people, leadership
technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers
by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GE Power Communications Leader, Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)
Job Number: 2690481
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business: GE Global Growth Organization
- The GE Power Communications Leader is a member of the SSA
communications team. This role is responsible for leading, developing
and executing a wide variety of strategic communication initiatives that
support GE’s Power businesses in SSA.
- Develop, execute, & maintain a holistic strategic communications plan for GE Power across the SSA Region.
- Lead the delivery of an integrated marketing communications plan aligned to all the GE Power P&L platforms in the region
- Design and execute communications campaigns to support business
campaigns for targeted regional opportunities, working closely with the
region business leaders and global GE Power communications teams.
- Ensure consistent messaging across all communication vehicles
including newsletters, events & exhibits, intranet/internet, etc.
- Develop process for regional leadership of niche tradeshows and conferences
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to track tradeshow performance including perception and lead generation
- Connect the GE Power sales organization through meaningful communications strategies and tactics
- Support and contribute to the efforts of peers across the GE Africa communications organization
- Issue/Crisis Management coordinate responses to issues and
crises and support proactive amplification of appropriate stories to
maximize benefit to GE.
- Be a strategic adviser on market and stakeholder/interest groups
relevant to GE Power. Understand the economic and social landscape and
continuously provide strategic advice on the market, stakeholders and
interest groups to the GE Power leadership.
- Build and maintain relationships with third-party stakeholders
such as decision makers and influencers. Develop programs to deepen
engagement with associations and think tanks. Continuously create
leadership engagement platforms with stakeholders through one on one
meetings, group luncheons etc.
- Manage GE Power’s presence in SSA at regional industry events,
key initiatives and programs as defined by the power businesses;
including budget, deliverables, key performance indicators (KPI’s) and
- Lead the overall internal communication strategy for GE Power
with innovative solutions that will help to drive employee engagement
- Lead a wide range of projects including internal communication,
industry and customer communication, executive presentations, digital
content, and business-wide events & industry exhibits
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience in communications, with active
understanding of wider communications mix; employee, external
communications – TV, print, radio, events etc.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality communications and branding programs and material/output.
- Experience with the media/journalists at Editor/publisher/decision-making level is key to this role.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent level of spoken and written English required. French language proficiency would be an advantage
- Ability to juggle priorities and meet numerous deadlines
- Able to interact professionally at all levels internally and externally
- Previous multinational experience preferred
- Self-starter, self-motivated, creative and energetic
- Ability and experience in engaging stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Individual must exhibit strong interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent project manager; must possess superior organization & creative skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply