Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and
fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product
and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that
delight consumers the world over.
The Company achieved sales of CHF 4.4 billion in 2015. Headquartered in
Switzerland with local presence in over 80 locations, the company has
more than 9,500 employees worldwide.
Job Title: Food Technologist Savoury – Nigeria
We are looking to for a Food
Technologist or Flavor Scientist for Savoury Applications in Ngeria –
Lagos. The primary focus of this position is to execute daily
brief-related tasks and apply knowledge during the flavour selection,
evaluation and application development. Serve as technical expert and
advisor to marketing, sales, flavour creation, and customers for
specific savoury applications. Sounds interesting? It could well be your
perfect opportuity if, like us you always aim to exceed customer needs,
deliver value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships. In
this exciting role you will:
Providing technical support to customers (directly) or through project
briefs, including the recommendation of flavours and technical
information on application issues.
- Prepare, organize, and/or execute state-of-the-art flavoured food products for customer presentations
- Take responsibility for technical customer communication to achieve a positive outcome of projects.
- Leverage on new technologies for submissions to customers and also identify new opportunities.
- Provide support and exchange information on flavour performance, food recipes with other Givaudan sites
- Maintain the product portfolio and support the local librarian sensory evaluations
- Able to travel in the Sub-Saharan African region. .
- Recommend optimal flavours for customer projects according to all
relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical
suitability, costs, etc) and maintain the flavour collections
Develop new application recipes as well as new concepts for customers,
based on new developments in the market, trends, new raw materials
- Work strictly according to the company requirements for optimal safety, hygiene and protection of the environment
- Act as independent project leader for all allocated projects
- Report results in concise way in support of WinRate and sales.
- Arrange and conduct tasting sessions, process and interpret the results to customers and internally
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives
being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team
environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as passionate
as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- Diploma/Degree in food science / technology
- 3 – 5 years Senior Product Development Experience in the Savoury segment
- Practical experience in food product development, manufacturing and flavour applications
- Well-developed olfactory and sensory skills
- Ability to balance both analytical and intuitive thinking
- Ability to work in complex matrix organisation
- Hands-on work style with a Winning personality
- Ability to gather the know-how from other units
- Passion for food technology, culinary trends and innovation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Computer Skill MS Office based programs with emphasis on Excel, Power Point and Word
- Team-focussed work style, whilst being able to work independently
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply