Hilton Worldwide (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global
hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and
full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and
focused-service hotels. For 95 years, Hilton Worldwide has been
dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional
experiences. The company’s portfolio of twelve world-class global brands
is comprised of more than 4,250 managed, franchised, owned and leased
hotels and timeshare properties, with more than 700,000 rooms in 93
countries and territories, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts,
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Curio
– A Collection by Hilton, Canopy by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton,
Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood
Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations.
company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton
Job Title: Director of Operations
A Director of Operations is responsible for the effective
operational management of the hotel so Heads of Department achieve and
exceed their revenue and Guest satisfaction targets.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary
hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place
to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company,
spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and
resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a
century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the
finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton
Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing
exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include
Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts,
Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by
Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden
Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2
Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages
the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and
warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable
hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing
Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As Director of Operations, you will be responsible for the
effective operational management of the hotel so Heads of Department
achieve and exceed their revenue and Guest satisfaction targets.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks
to the highest standards:
- Work in conjunction with the General Manager actively manage
key property issues (including capital projects; customer service;
- Assist the development of meaningful, achievable hotel budgets and other short and long term hotel strategic goals
- Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the operational
departments and results are analysed regularly to highlight problem
areas and take appropriate action
- Manage and develop the Heads of Department to ensure career
progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and
- Seek and respond to Guest feedback in order to achieve positive outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with the HOD team
- Provide effective leadership to the hotel management team and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations
- Comply and exceed hotel and company Service Standards
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the
particular requirements of the company.
- Participate in corporate activities and meetings as requested.
- Assist in the administration of succession planning.
- Participate and maintain active community relations.
- Attend industry meetings and participates in industry organizations
What are we looking for?
A Director of Operations serving Hilton Worldwide brands is
always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team
Members. To successfully fill this role, you must possesss the following
qualifications, attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with experience in Food and Beverage or Rooms Management
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel / leisure / service sector
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply