MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of
a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is
instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand
that we are
able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by
continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, IP Planning
- To provide Strategic and supervisory role to ensure the
efficient and effective planning of the converged IP Datacomms/transport
capacity for voice and data networks in line with the business
requirements (required timelines, budget constraints and quality
- To provide Supervisory and Operational Leadership for the team
of individuals working on the planning of all PS and CS Core, edge and
- To manage the design and planning of sustainable, future-proof
IP and Core services networks that support the present and future
subscriber base of MTN Nigeria
- To map out a technology roadmap for technological migration in line with global technology trends
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on
optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value
creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and
recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative,
capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review
and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural
changes within the Unit etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational
performance and drive people management activities by being the
principal coach for your direct reports using the people management
framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as
mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support
recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Oversee the plan and design for nodes, sites and links within
the national IP/MPLS Edge & Core Networks and ensure ongoing
development to cater for new developments in the organization’s business
- Strategic planning (brainstorming with all relevant departments) of IP transport and Core network
- Ensures that all the licensing requirements are met and controls
budget directly related to any upgrades or licensing requirements
- Maintains capacity and functionality requirements timely and ahead of traffic for the PS Core, CS Core network elements
- Oversees the issues relating to resource requirements to complete critical design, planning and process tasks
- Supervise and produce network convergence hierarchy, topology,
architecture and infrastructure redundancy plan for VPN service
integration, regional Service provider edge aggregation and IP Core
Transport via the multi-service backbone.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new
business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new
business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation,
business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing
stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This
includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions,
involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro
environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement
in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Interface with Core network, Network operations, ENS,
Transmission Specialists and Topology for planning of optic (DWDM)
backbone connectivity, capacity planning and allocation for efficient
transport of all internal and external customer data traffic.
- Conduct weekly & monthly network performance monitoring,
trend analyses, capacity planning and expansion in line with network
growth trends and increases in all traffic/Service. (Internet, Voice,
BB, Data, enterprise, Switch etc)
- Develop and evolve IP addressing, naming and numbering formats
for all network nodes and elements in and outside the IP/MPLS backbone.
- Produce and evolve designs for integration and extension of
IP/MPLS edge functionality to the Campus LAN Core at all IP Backbone
- Plan, schedule and conduct site visits and surveys for accurate
and effective network design, dimensioning and integration planning.
- Recruits, develops, and retains people with outstanding potential
- Supervise the plan, design and optimize routing & transport
technologies for Provider Edge aggregation and Core transport network
integration and verify requests, justify needs and classify all
requested networks and services for MPLS VPN integration.
- Supervise the plan, deploy and evolve/extend IP/MPLS techniques towards the network Edge and access.
- Oversee plan, deploy and evolve Quality and Class of Service techniques at the network Edge and in the MPLS core network.
- Supervise all IP backbone integration events, approve work
orders and control project processes for capacity expansion, node
integration and/or new service introduction.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- National travel and a valid driver’s license.
- On standby 24/7 throughout the year
Experience & Training
- First Degree in any relevant engineering or science courses
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Extensive experience in ICT & Telecoms Service Provider network.
- Understanding of high capacity Packet & TDM transmission technologies & products, e.g. SDH, DWDM.
- Working knowledge of IP/MPLS, QOS standards & Networking protocols such as X25, TCP/IP, Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS and ATOM.
- Voice Networking Telecomm standards ETSI/ANSI, VOIP, C7 (SS7).
- Knowledge of advanced IP routing protocols (BGP, IS-IS, etc.).
- Advanced leadership programmes
- New technologies training
- Telecoms network design and planning principles
- People Management
- Technical Project Management
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th August, 2016.