The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HCS) supports the USAID
and the President’s Malaria Initiative’s (PMI) goals of improving
health indicators in Nigeria. Social and behavior change communication
(SBCC) activities ensure Nigerians are aware of understand, and play
part in the national goal of malaria elimination.
HC3 Nigeria is working with the Federal Ministry of Health and partner
organizations to ensure SBCC activities achieve scale and intensity
throughout the country. With over 177 million people to reach, Nigeria
is the roost populous country in Africa. Interventions introduced here
to achieve impact with a combination of wide reach and intense
interpersonal communication activity.
HC3 is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Ref.: JHU CCP-HC3 Nigeria Malaria Project
Supervisor: Senior Technical Advisor
- The M&E Advisor will work closely with program staff in
Nigeria and M&E staff at CCP headquarters to support all monitoring,
and evaluation activities and possibly research activities.
Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Support the design, analysis and reporting of program activities (and possibility qualitative and quantitative studies)
- Work with the Sr. Tech. Advisor to ensure timely monitoring and reporting of all programs and activities.
- Ensure quality in all data collection, analysis and report writing for CCP HC3 M&E activities
- Support the process of presenting M&E/research findings during meetings, conferences and workshops, as appropriate.
- Assist staff and partners in translating research findings into evidence-based programming:
- Maintain the project reporting system and database(s) and train staff and partners on reporting forms and procedures.
- Develop draft work plans and budgets for project M&E activities, in collaboration with the Sr. Tech, Advisor.
- Other duties as identified by supervisor
- Minimum of Masters Degree in Public Health related field or Social Science Research.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Programmatic Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research design and data
analysis skills, including use of Statistical packages such as STATA,
Epi-Info, SPSS and qualitative data management software such as NVivo
- Experience designing and maintaining an electronic management
information system (relational database preferred) Excellent written and
oral communication skills
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV’s ONLY as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line for your submission MUST read “Application for M&E Advisor” any emails without this exact subject and will be immediately discarded. The Pdf document containing the cover letter and CV only must be named as the candidate’s last and first name.
- Candidates should not send any other documents or attachments.
Any applications submitted with certificates, transcripts etc. will be
- Candidates should not send links to online resumes or CVs Any
applications submitted with a link in an online resume or CV will be
- Only final candidates will be contacted for further engagement.
Application Deadline 5pm 12th August, 2016.