creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion, women & girls’ empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance in the developing world.
Job Position: Language Translator (English to Hausa)
- Position holder is expected to provide translation services (English to Hausa) of scripts for Hausa speaking audiences.
- Engage actively in the correct interpretation of literary meanings
of terms or pronunciation of words for effective comprehension by the
- Ensure speedy and timely translation of scripts within timeframe without compromising quality.
- Carry out any related assignment that might be given to them from time to time.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Experience, Qualification and skills
- Three to five (3 – 5) or more years of script translation
experience, precisely translation of English Scripts into Hausa Language
- An education in Hausa language
- Excellent knowledge of English and Hausa languages
- Ability to translate phrases, terms and expressions in context (avoiding direct translations out of context)
- Previous work experience within structured work environment
- Ability to keep to timelines set for deliverables
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work with minimum of no supervision
How to apply:
Updated CV, cover letter and references to be submitted to email@example.com
. Two (2) samples of translation work done should be submitted together
with the application. The title of the position applied for should be
clearly stated on the email.
Please note that we may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.