28 Jul 2016
Language Translator ( Hausa to English) Job at Equal Access
Equal Access in the summer of 2014 launched a project to create, develop, and operate a free-to-air, 24-hour/day, Hausa language satellite TV channel “AREWA24,” which expresses the needs and priorities of the peoples of northern Nigeria. Similar to Equal Access’ approach in developing locally resonant programs in other countries, TV content is produced by Nigerians for Nigerians in Nigeria. This 24/7 entertainment and learning channel celebrates the cultures, youth, families and diverse communities of Northern Nigeria.
EA has launched AREWA24, a satellite TV project which can be viewed on Eutelsat Free-to-air Satellite channel 16A/16 East Horizontal (frequency 10804, symbol rate 30000), and focused on Hausa speakers in northern Nigeria, and seeks a qualified candidate to fill in the position of a Language Translator ( Hausa to English) to help support the growth of AREWA24 and its Nigeria program.
Job Title: Language Translator ( Hausa to English)
- Position holder is expected to provide translation services ( Hausa to English) of scripts for English speaking audiences.
- Engage actively in the correct interpretation of literary meanings of terms or pronunciation of words for effective comprehension by the audiences.
- Ensure speedy and timely translation of scripts within timeframe without compromising quality.
- Carry out any related assignment that might be given to them from time to time.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Three to five (3 - 5) or more years of script translation experience, precisely translation of Hausa Scripts into English Language
- An education in Hausa language
- Previous work experience within structured work environment
- Ability to keep to timelines set for deliverables
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work with minimum of no supervision
- Excellent knowledge of English and Hausa languages.
- Excellent in English Grammar preferably American style.
- Ability to translate phrases, terms and expressions in context (avoiding direct translations out of context) and taking notes of punctuation marks and capitalization.
How to apply:
Updated CV, cover letter and references to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org . Two (2) samples of translation work done should be submitted together with the application. The title of the position applied for should be clearly stated on the email.
The closing date is 9th August, 2016.
Please note that we may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.