28 Jul 2016
Lilygate Hotel Vacancy for a Front Office Manager in Lekki, Lagos
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Reports To: Assistant manager or General Manager
- Directly supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas. Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department.
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Reviews and completes credit limit report.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Requires all front office employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Upholds the hotel's commitment to hospitality.
- Evaluates the job performance if each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. Ie flash report, allowance etc.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P 's special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organised and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Monitor high balance guest and take appropriate action.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Minimum B.Sc. /HND qualification.
- Minimum of 5 year of hotel front office manager experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, Extensive Knowledge of Opara and general administrative tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letters and CV's to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 12th August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.