Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services.
MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Job Title: COMMUNITY MOBILISATION AND MARKETING OFFICER
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Reporting to: Regional Manager
- · Analysis and identification of key targets from a range of potential client groups
- · Activities with agreed target groups that result in them using MSION strategic services (O/R, SF, SM, clinic)
- · Reflection and reporting on impact of CMMO activities and to management with recommendations on service provision
- Analysis and identification of key targets from a range of potential client groups
- · Using the geographical boundaries develop a clear list of potential target groups by segment, identifying issues that affect community to access, utilization and uptake of RH, long acting contraception and family planning services
- · Identify promotion partners (eg SF owners)
- · Development and disbursement of information along agreed lines appropriate to the segment
- · Meetings to deliver training
- · Brand promotion
and reporting on impact of community mobilisation activities and to
management with recommendations on service provision
- · Routine monitoring and reporting of all activities and their impact
- · Client satisfaction surveys
- · Meetings with service providers to report feedback
- · Recommendations to management and colleagues on adjustments needed to services
- · Identification and documentation of case studies
- · Document a database of contacts and interests to track input
- · Make choices on whom to target when, why and how
- · Establish and maintain relationships with the media and other networks
- · List local leaders (Govt, non-government, religious etc)
- Activities with agreed target groups that result in them using MSION strategic services (Outreach, Social Franchise, Social Marketing, Clinic)
- · Monthly activity plans developed and shared
- · Selection, mentoring, coaching, training and management of community volunteers
- · Systematic meetings with key groups (advertising, promotional meetings, door to door etc)
Skills and Experience
- · 1st degree in any discipline
- · Able to communicate fluently in the local Nigerian Language
- · Good understanding of the local area and ability to investigate and analyse
- · Fluent in spoken and written English
- · Must be able to speak with authority and confidence about community attitudes and family planning. They must therefore have knowledge gained through study or equivalent professional experience on modern contraception, health services and local community organisation
- · Computer literate is an advantage
- · Essential to this work is demonstrated drive and creativity to find new ways of communication and engaging with potential clients across a range of market segments with specific examples of when you have found new ways to resolve a project issue.
- · Strong organizational abilities that enable you to manage your workload, follow through on objectives and meet deadlines
Proven communications, presentation and negotiation skills. You must be
able to “sell” the services that MSION offers in a way that attracts
support and report clearly and without prejudice on outcomes
- · Demonstrated empathy in working in underserved communities and working to impact on the lives of women
- · Networking skills are essential
- · Experience in managing volunteers an advantage
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 29th July 2016.
MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.