Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for the position below in its project in Borno:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial Graduate Jobs / Internships
- Manage the administrative files of the staff with confidentiality and according to the MSF Internal Regulation;
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them
up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management(collects,
records and updates the staff individual files: individual information
sheets, copy of signed contracts, amendments, records of leaves,
absences, overtime, etc. then enter all the data into Homere software).
- Assist the Field Administrator with contracts, leaves or any other HR request;
- Calculate accurately the payroll monthly for both MSF and MoH staff collaborating on the project;
- Manage, register and archive the accounting of the mission according to MSF protocols as well as the budget;
- Process the payment of suppliers after verification and approval
from the Field Administrator in collaboration with Logistics
- Other Administrative Duties as may be required.
- Degree in Business Administration and/or Accounting;
- High motivation, flexibility, quick learning and team working;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa.
- Computer skills and good faculty to learn new software;
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives and interest in health care;
Job Title: Nutrition Nurse Supervisor
Job TypeFull Time
Job Field Medical / Health
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
- Schedules and organizes all nutrition related activities, its
organization design and sizing as well as its associated budget in order
to efficiently maintain the continuity of the nutritional healthcare
at the standard quality levels.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the
associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and
communication) of the nutrition staff of the project in order to ensure
both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people
capabilities and skills.
- Supervise the implementation of the nutritional program according to MSF protocols, standards. This includes:
- Draw up outpatients activity planning,
- Follow up the evolution of patients and discuss the problem
cases taking part in the medical assistant’s round, and install referral
- Check that medical and nutrition prescriptions are carried out.
- Check the diffusion, knowledge and application of medical, nutritional and anthropometric protocols.
- Supervise nursing care and hygiene circumstances.
- Checking the food’s quality.
- Ensure that mothers are well informed about the functioning
of the centre, the state and evolution of their child: their tasks (help
with cleaning, feeding their child, etc)
- Supervises, in cooperation with the pharmacist and project
medical referent, the management of the pharmacy, ensuring reception and
storage of orders, preparing new orders when required, supervising
expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure, a
rationale use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated
and above minimum safety point.
- Ensure correct nutritional data collection (registers,
nutritional forms, morbidity forms), compile weekly and monthly
statistics for the outpatients unit, report this information to the line
manager and provide feedback on the results to the team. In these
sense, this function includes all kind of nutritional information that
nutritional supervisor has in his /her hands.
- Education: Nurse qualification. Desirable with a nutritionist diploma
- Experience: Minimum 2 year experience as nut nurse.
- Languages: English language essential and local language
- Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management
Job Title: Nutrition Nurse
Job TypeFull Time
Job Field: Medical / Health
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
- Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up for children
suffering from severe malnutrition, according to MSF TFP (ITFC/ATFC/SFP)
protocols, universal hygienic standards and other procedures, in order
to ensure a good delivery of care and improve their nutritional
- Implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene
standards, security rules and other protocols and procedures regarding
nursing and children nutrition matters.
- Ensure proper functioning of the Therapeutic Program. This includes:
- Daily collect the number of new admissions and exits and to check the attendance
- Calculate the quantity of food needed for the day based on the number of children registered
- Ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the
priority acute cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and
referring them to the doctor if necessary.
- Carry-out all patient’s related tasks for the admission,
weighing and measuring the children, identifying the degree and types of
malnutrition, administration (patient card, register,..) etc.
- Ensure that medical and nutritional care is properly
delivered to the patients and to daily follow the evolution of the
- Carry-out consultations to children and their parents,
undertaking a complete clinical examination of children, looking for
associated pathologies, drawing up nutritional surveillance forms and
milk cards, providing required vaccination, etc.
- Carry-out surveillance and follow-up of patients’ medical
and nutritional evolution, identifying possible emergency situations
arising and keeping doctors informed if necessary.
- Provide advice and inform children’s families about
everything concerning the hospitalization, participate in the health
education of the mothers and/or treatment process.
- Control all pharmacy, food, and medical equipment (carrying
out inventories, checking its quality and its functioning, storage
conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
- Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and
documents (fill in patients files, forms, statistics, etc.), ensure an
appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations
and cases arising.
- Education: Nursing diploma with nutritional training essential (OND/BA/B.Sc/HND).
- Experience: Previous experience required. Experience in MSF or other NGO’s and /or in developing countries desirable.
- Languages: English language essential. Local language desirable.
- Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Competences: Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s,
qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’
Office in Borno (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk) via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind,
nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having
benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be
pursued through the judicial system.
Application Deadline 18th July 2016.