18 Jul 2016
Medecins Sans Frontieres Graduate Job Vacancies in Nigeria, July 18th 2016
at 10:57 Tags: Administrative Jobs , Borno State , Medecins Sans Frontieres , Nursing Jobs , OND/HND/BSC Jobs
religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for the position below in its project in Borno:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial Graduate Jobs / Internships
- Manage the administrative files of the staff with confidentiality and according to the MSF Internal Regulation;
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management(collects, records and updates the staff individual files: individual information sheets, copy of signed contracts, amendments, records of leaves, absences, overtime, etc. then enter all the data into Homere software).
- Assist the Field Administrator with contracts, leaves or any other HR request;
- Calculate accurately the payroll monthly for both MSF and MoH staff collaborating on the project;
- Manage, register and archive the accounting of the mission according to MSF protocols as well as the budget;
- Process the payment of suppliers after verification and approval from the Field Administrator in collaboration with Logistics Department.
- Other Administrative Duties as may be required.
- Degree in Business Administration and/or Accounting;
- High motivation, flexibility, quick learning and team working;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa.
- Computer skills and good faculty to learn new software;
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives and interest in health care;
Job Title: Nutrition Nurse Supervisor
Job TypeFull Time
Job Field Medical / Health
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
- Schedules and organizes all nutrition related activities, its organization design and sizing as well as its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the nutritional healthcare at the standard quality levels.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nutrition staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities and skills.
- Supervise the implementation of the nutritional program according to MSF protocols, standards. This includes:
- Draw up outpatients activity planning,
- Follow up the evolution of patients and discuss the problem cases taking part in the medical assistant’s round, and install referral system
- Check that medical and nutrition prescriptions are carried out.
- Check the diffusion, knowledge and application of medical, nutritional and anthropometric protocols.
- Supervise nursing care and hygiene circumstances.
- Checking the food’s quality.
- Ensure that mothers are well informed about the functioning of the centre, the state and evolution of their child: their tasks (help with cleaning, feeding their child, etc)
- Supervises, in cooperation with the pharmacist and project medical referent, the management of the pharmacy, ensuring reception and storage of orders, preparing new orders when required, supervising expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure, a rationale use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and above minimum safety point.
- Ensure correct nutritional data collection (registers, nutritional forms, morbidity forms), compile weekly and monthly statistics for the outpatients unit, report this information to the line manager and provide feedback on the results to the team. In these sense, this function includes all kind of nutritional information that nutritional supervisor has in his /her hands.
- Education: Nurse qualification. Desirable with a nutritionist diploma
- Experience: Minimum 2 year experience as nut nurse.
- Languages: English language essential and local language
- Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management
Job Title: Nutrition Nurse
Job TypeFull Time
Job Field: Medical / Health
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
- Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up for children suffering from severe malnutrition, according to MSF TFP (ITFC/ATFC/SFP) protocols, universal hygienic standards and other procedures, in order to ensure a good delivery of care and improve their nutritional conditions.
- Implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards, security rules and other protocols and procedures regarding nursing and children nutrition matters.
- Ensure proper functioning of the Therapeutic Program. This includes:
- Daily collect the number of new admissions and exits and to check the attendance
- Calculate the quantity of food needed for the day based on the number of children registered
- Ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the priority acute cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor if necessary.
- Carry-out all patient’s related tasks for the admission, weighing and measuring the children, identifying the degree and types of malnutrition, administration (patient card, register,..) etc.
- Ensure that medical and nutritional care is properly delivered to the patients and to daily follow the evolution of the patients.
- Carry-out consultations to children and their parents, undertaking a complete clinical examination of children, looking for associated pathologies, drawing up nutritional surveillance forms and milk cards, providing required vaccination, etc.
- Carry-out surveillance and follow-up of patients’ medical and nutritional evolution, identifying possible emergency situations arising and keeping doctors informed if necessary.
- Provide advice and inform children’s families about everything concerning the hospitalization, participate in the health education of the mothers and/or treatment process.
- Control all pharmacy, food, and medical equipment (carrying out inventories, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
- Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases arising.
- Education: Nursing diploma with nutritional training essential (OND/BA/B.Sc/HND).
- Experience: Previous experience required. Experience in MSF or other NGO’s and /or in developing countries desirable.
- Languages: English language essential. Local language desirable.
- Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Competences: Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Borno ("Application Box" at the Watchmen Desk) via: email@example.com
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.