Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a
Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year
history of delivering development results across the world. Our core
expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E),
development, public sector management, governance and
anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries
around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan,
Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in
our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all
sectors of international development with clients ranging from large
bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the
UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Power Africa, Nigeria
Power Africa addresses one of the most pressing challenges to
sustainable economic growth and development in sub Saharan Africa access
to electrical power. Launched by President Obama in June 2013, Power
Africa is working with African governments, the private sector, and
other partners to add more than 30,000 megawatts (MW) of cleaner, more
efficient electricity generation capacity as well as increase
electricity access by adding 60 million new home and business
connections throughout all of sub-Saharan Africa. USAID coordinates the
initiative with 11 other agencies and the National Security Council.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for
oversight of the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL)
- The M&E Specialist will be responsible for gathering baseline data for all project indicators, and track results achieved.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work closely with
the Training Specialist to develop learning assessment tools for all
- Serve as a senior technical team member and guide the design and
development of project monitoring and evaluation tools and frameworks.
- Routinely perform data analysis to of gathered data to
demonstrate program impact, and accomplishments, as well as identify
- Assist in identifying and generating success stories, briefing documents, and other materials.
- Collect data across all project interventions, and track for progress across RF indictors.
- Work closely with COP and other to implement Program Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Maintain the Power Africa Tracking Tool up to date for transactions as well as policy interventions in Nigeria.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an M&E position under a USAID-funded program or 5 years in another donor funded program.
- Practical knowledge of MS Office software required, some programming experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Practical knowledge of USAID evaluation framework, directives and tools required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible to apply.