Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR) is a Dutch Non-Governmental Organization, active in 14 countries
worldwide and a forerunner in the fight against leprosy and its
consequences. Netherlands Leprosy Relief is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- Preparation of accounting documents and daily data entry in
QuickBooks and/or excels sheets for the Country Representative Office.
- Reviewing of monthly and quarterly financial reports of Projects
assigned to him/her, generating necessary feedback and ensuring that
recommendations are implemented by project officers.
- Reviewing of quarterly fund requests/forecasts from projects
officers ensuring budget availability and making due recommendation(s)
to the Head of Finance and Admin.
- Assisting budget holders and partners in the preparation of
their annual budgets and/or multi-year project budgets for external
- Undertaking any other duties as may be assigned by Management
with a view to assisting NLR Nigeria effectively implement its Vision
- Preparation of monthly bank and cash reconciliation of the projects assigned to him/her
- Preparation of quarterly financial report for NLR and Donor Projects
- Preparation of monthly advances/debtors and accruals/creditors report
- Degree in Accounting. Professional part-qualification (ICAN or its equivalent) is an added advantage.
- Two years of accounting experience with an international NGO, or similar work situation.
- Competence in ICT and QuickBooks (experience in NAVISION is an added advantage)
- Analytical, Good Communication skills, Good reporting skills,
Organisational sensitivity, Cooperation, Hands on mentality, Teaching
skills, Computer skills, Able to make priorities and work under pressure
for meeting deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application
Letter clearly stating their motivation to work for Netherlands Leprosy Relief Nigeria and
providing details on her/his suitability to fill this position. The
application and CV should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and in case of
equal suitability of candidates, preference will be given to a female
- Persons with disabilities are particularly invited to apply.
Application Deadline 9th August, 2016.