26 Jul 2016
Ongoing recruitment in a Leading Downstream Petroleum Company, July 26th 2016
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
- The Quality Assurance Officer is responsible for implement Quality Assurance programs for the company.
- Drive sustained continual improvement of critical business process performance.
- Directly manage the team of quality inspectors.
- To determine the quantity of component that has been loaded on the ship (bill of lading).
- To determine and certify that the quality of the component that is being loaded satisfies the regulator requirement.
- The Bill of Lading and the certificates of quality are deposited in a sealed packet with the master of the vessel.
- Monitor procedures at discharge of petroleum products at discharge Jetty.
- Maintain quality procedures at product distribution and loading terminal.
- Facilitate and lead the development, maintenance and implementation of the Petroleum Depot quality plan, facilitate and lead mapping of critical business processes transferring ownership to the process owner for sustained continual improvement.
- Audits the company's operational & HSE processes to ensure that it's up to speed at all times.
- Translate business strategic goals into critical business process goals mentoring process owners in gap closure and improvement program definition.
- Track the generation of non-financial/safety KPIs.
- Measure and analyze performance of key performance indicators (KPI's) with the purpose of driving continuous improvement.
- Will carry out tests of petroleum products
- Must have had 10 years' experience in similar role in a downstream oil and gas company. With at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- A good first Degree in Engineering or related field. An M.Sc. in Operations Managements will be an added advantage.
- Experience gained within industry will be an advantage
Job Title: Administrative Manager (Depot Office)
- The Administrative Manager supports operations by supervising staff, planning, organising and implementing administrative systems.
- Has responsibility for directing the activities of subordinate staff in the coordination and management of various administrative activities at the depot.
- The work requires knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations of administrative and departmental programs, and supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained. Ensures proper labour relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
- Maintains records, prepares reports and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- At least 10 years' experience of which at least 3 of these years will have been at management or supervisory level.
- Experience gained within fuel storage or depot environment will be an advantage.
- A good first Degree education is compulsory.
Job Title: Depot Accountant
- He/she is primarily responsible for all the accounting functions in the depot
- Work with and assist the Financial Controller in implementing account functions for the company.
- Handles all the cash expenses at the depot.
- Prepare a stock report of all movement of products in and out of the depot
- Ensures that daily call-over and verification are carried out on all transactions posted into the system from the depot
- Produce schedules for remittance/payment of VAT, WHT Pension, PAVE and other statutory payments from the depot.
- Liaise with the head office to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to be submitted to management.
- He/she will also ensure completeness of all payments and br receipts, invoices, Journals, Debit/Credit Memos and ensures they are correctly posted into the Accounting System.
- A degree in Accounting with a minimum of 2 or more years of progressive Accounting experience
- ACCA/ICAN Professional and MBA is an added advantage.
- Oil and Gas experience will be an added advantage.
- Must be detail oriented.
Job Title: Accountant - Taxation Expert
- The tax accountant is responsible for performing complex tax preparation, tax research and tax planning with minimal supervision.
- The position is accountable for the collection of tax-related information, reporting to taxation authorities at the federal, state and local levels in a timely manner, and advising management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies.
- He/she will conceive tax strategies to defer or eliminate tax payments, create tax data collection systems complete required tax reporting in a timely manner and update the company income tax database as tax rates change.
- He/she will also coordinate audits by various tax authorities, recognize, anticipate and resolve tax issues; makes recommendations, investigate and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings and negotiate with tax authorities overtax payment issues.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Accounting, Business, Economics or related fields.
- Minimum of 4 years of tax accounting experience.
- ICAN, ACA or ACCA is an advantage.
- Oil and Gas experience will be an added advantage.
- Must be detail oriented.
Job Title: Security Manager
- He is responsible for design and implementation of Security Strategies atthe depot.
- He is responsible for ensuring that all company's equipment and products are adequately protected physically and electronically.
- He ensures that all properties of the organisation are protected from all forms of threats and are all accounted for.
- He must identify organizational protection goals and objectives ensuring they are consistent with their organization's strategic plan.
- To work with other executives to decide on the priority of security needs and then spend according to an organization's financial constraints and directives.
- He/she will also oversee a network of security managers and staff and work with local, state and federal law enforcement and other security agencies.
- 10 years' experience in Security Management in a corporate environment. Previous experience with a security agency will be an advantage.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Business or other relevant field.
- Significant security experience
- Knowledge of ICT
Job Title: Head Maintenance
- The Head Maintenance should be responsible for making sure machinery and equipment run smoothly in the Petroleum depot by designing Maintenance Manual for all the equipment at the depot.
- He should be capable of being proactive to equipment maintenance issues as against being reactive.
- He should be able to work with other professionals in order to improve operations, reduce the incidences of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plants, personnel and production processes.
- Will also have input into projects effecting modifications from design stage through to procurement, construction, commissioning and handover operations regarding any expansion plans associated with the terminal.
- Must be fully conversant with terminal and storage equipment for a bulk fuel tank farm site.
- Be knowledgeable about full compliance in wide scope of areas including operations and HSE.
- Diagnosing breakdown problems; fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly; controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment.
- Must have had 7 years maintenance experience in tank farms/depots maintenance.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in either Engineering or Facility Management.
Job Title: Head - Health, Safety and Environment HSE (Depot)
- Designing and Implementation of a HSE Policy for the company.
- Carry out the day- to-day operations of HSE department and contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support.
- To ensure development and timely delivery of HSE deliverables as required.
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements including company HSE policies and procedures.
- Participate in project meetings as necessary to assist or advise Leadership Team in HSE matters.
- Monitor the progress of resulting HSE action items, and ensure they are being tracked.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA).
- Follow Fall Protection Program (FPP), inspect all fall protection equipment and maintain inspection records.
- A good university Degree. An M.Sc. degree in HSE or related field will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in Health Safety and Environment role in a Production/Engineering/Manufacturing environment of a petroleum company.
- Good knowledge of Health Safety and Environment in downstream petroleum sector, terminal operations, engineering, facility upgrades or manufacturing.
Job Title: Operations Manager (Depot)
- The Depot Operations Manager is required to manage all activities and ensure compliance in a sustained manner following through with procedures and plans of the company in order to achieve improved operations efficiency.
- The role involves Leading, supervising and developing the depot operations team as well as being the HSE lead for the base and all inventory and asset & property maintenance.
- She/he is responsible for planning, controlling and implementing strategies for safe loading of trucks and logistics operations.
- Must ensure compliance with the standards, procedures, legislations and depot management specific systems.
- Must ensure compliance with safety, health and environment in the loading gantry.
- Inventory management pre and post-load out and maintenance of appropriate inventory levels to support business operations as necessary.
- Liaising with agents for vessels loading and discharge.
- Liaising with STS coordinators for mooring master, cargo hose, fenders, etc.
- Liaising with JETTY coordinators for cargo hose, and other materials during JETTY discharge
- B.Eng. in Mechanical, Chemical or Electronics/Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in a Production/Engineering/Manufacturing environment of a petroleum company.
- Good knowledge of downstream petroleum sector, terminal operations, engineering, facility upgrades or manufacturing processes is compulsory.
Job Title: Depot Manager
- Reporting to the Head of Operations, Depot Manager will be responsible for the efficient and smooth running of the Petroleum Depot.
- He/she leads the team at the depot and is responsible for driving depot performance to ensure healthy, safe, efficient and cost effective operation.
- He/She is responsible for the good working of all the equipment at the depot.
- Act as the depot focal point for all interested bodies (internal and external) and is accountable for the 24/7 safe and efficient operation of plant and equipment at the depot.
- Ensure optimum performance and seeks improvements to create competitive advantage in terms of safety, security, asset utilization and costs within agreed budgets.
- Maintains a constant and critical appraisal of all depot activities and costs within the depot by directing the team to manage all achievable resources so that company products are stored, handled and distributed to the agreed standards at optimum cost.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Logistics, Engineering or any related fields
- 5 years corporate experience in a Downstream Petroleum Trading Company with minimum of 4 years in Depot Operations.
- Thorough knowledge of Depot operations Procedures.
Job Title: Head of Internal Control
- She/he will design appropriate controls, financial, physical and technical.
- Will lead the planning and conduct of operational, financial, technical and compliance internal audits of the company's departments and branch, with selected policies, procedures and regulations to evaluate and increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the internal control systems to promote good corporate governance towards achieving the organisation's mission and vision.
- Lead the development and implementation of an internal risk based audit strategy and annual plan for the company.
- Develop the organisation's risk management framework and monitor the risk maturity and ensure this is reflected in the strategy.
- He is to identify key risks to business objectives, evaluate and test controls in place to ensure area for improvement are identified and risks minimized.
- He will also communicate with other governmental agencies or legal professionals with insights into changing regulations, standard compliance practices and other changes that may impact the merit of current internal control policies.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in any field with ACCA/ICAN.
- Minimum of 12 years in internal control role in a corporate body, with specific emphasis on financial risk and regulatory requirements in any oil and gas industry.
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
- Design, implement and manage human resources by identifying and training the right people who could align with the company's strategic growth plans;
- Designing, planning and managing human resources programs;
- Develops organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues;
- Contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction;
- Establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff;
- Planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions;
- Maintaining compensation;
- Determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies;
- Designing systems;
- Accumulating resources;
- Resolving problems;
- Implementing change;
- Function in an active & influential business advisory role with management in order to drive business results as it affects human resources.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Social Sciences or any related field.
- Professional certificate in HR such as CIPM, CIPD, and SHRM.
- Minimum of 15 years HR related experience 3 of which should be in managerial position.
- Must have a good knowledge of Human resources business manuals, organisational development, talent management, performance management, workforce planning, & retention strategies.
Job Title: Head of Business Development
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial driven Head of Business Development is required to drive aggressive business growth and revenue generation strategy.
- Must have a proven successful track record of delivering against board level business revenue targets in a performance driven environment, set business plan and keep updates on progress.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all our business development and sales revenue targets set by the board are met.
- Must have proven relationship with government parastatals such as NNPC, PPMC, DPR, PPPRA, etc;
- Must have proven relationship with International Commodities trading companies (Oil), international oil companies' (IOC) & major Petroleum marketing companies must understand trade terms for international transactions including pricing & contracts;
- Must understand how to initiate and conclude international trades.
- B.Sc or M.Sc. degree in either Business, Engineering or relevant subject.
- MBA or Post graduate business degree in Marketing will be a strong advantage
- Must have 15 years' experience working in business development role in the Oil & Gas Sector. 3 years must have been at senior level.
Job Title: Head of Operations (HOP)
- Head of Operations will work closely with the COO and play a critical role in the developing and implementing the company operations and meeting the targets of the board.
- Planning & execution of all business operations within the company
- Expediting the design and implementation of strategic policies governing all aspects of business operations and administration;
- Ensure that systems, policies and solutions that address business imperatives are aligned with strategic direction;
- Provide direction and lead direct reports in performing their roles and responsibilities.
- The HOP will also manage and monitor vessel movement from point of loading in the country of import to the local Nigerian jetty.
- Ensure that the vessel charter arrangements are always firmed up as required.
- Ensuring that financial targets and other agreed targets are met in all departments.
- He/she will drive the business to increase profits.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in either Operational Management, Engineering or Technology.
- Minimum of 15 years cognate experience in any Manufacturing or Oil & Gas company
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- The Chief Financial Officer will work closely with the COO, CEO, and the board and play a critical role in developing and implementing the company's financial strategy.
- The CFO will be advisor to the unit heads, evaluating and assisting them with their financial plans and economic models.
- The CFO will be responsible for overseeing all financial and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization in conjunction with the directors, finance, audit and investments teams.
- The CFO will be a resource for financial modelling for all big opportunities and prospective projects and be able to arrange funding locally and internationally, plan, implement and manage group CAPEX and OPEX budget and cash flow forecast across the operation, interface with the auditors, tax authorities, banks and regulatory agencies and also responsible for ensuring that proper accounting records are maintained.
- Must be graduate, Chartered Accountant & expert in Finance with minimum of 15 years cumulative experience, 5 of which must have been in a top Management position with membership of ACCA/ICAN.
- MBA or Postgraduate business degree in Finance will be a strong advantage
- Experience in the downstream oil industry will also be a plus.
- Must possess strategic perspective and strong analytical skills.
- Should be conversant with accounts solution packages.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
- We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee the organizations on-going operations and procedures.
- The COO shall have the primary responsibility of leading the day-to- day operations of the business of the organisation in accordance with the strategic plan and operating and capital budgets.
- He/she will design and implement the business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth;
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision;
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives in various departments;
- Assist the CEO in overseeing the organisation's achievement and maintenance of a satisfactory competitive position within its industry;
- Perform other functions related to the office of the COO or as may be requested by the CEO or the Board.
- The COO reports to the organization's Chief Executive Officer ("CEO").
- Must have a minimum of 15 years cumulative working experience, of which 7 must be in a top management position in the Downstream Petroleum Industry sector.
- B.Sc. degree in any relevant field; MBA/Professional qualification is a plus
- Must possess strategic perspective and strong analytical skills. Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Proven experience as COO or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Experience in fund raising will be a plus
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject heading on the email MUST be the position you are applying for.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 5:00pm; 9th August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.