20 Jul 2016
Premiere Urgence Internationale Job Position for a Field Coordinator
answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 140 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 22 countries - in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Our action in the field:
- The results of the assessment led PUI to position in host communities hosting IDPS of Maiduguri city.
- Improving food security of the vulnerable population affected by the crisis via e-voucher / gardening / IGA
- Improving access to water, sanitation and hygiene via rehabilitation and construction of boreholes, wells and latrines and access to hygiene and shelter Non Food Items (via e voucher)
The Field Coordinator is responsible for the proper functioning of the project site, and the proper implementation of programs developed on that site.
- Safety: He/She is responsible of the safety of the site.
- Representation: He/She represents the organization before the partners, authorities, and various local actors operating in the area where his/her base is located.
- Coordination: He/She centralizes and disseminates information from/to the site, and consolidates the internal and external reporting activities implemented in his/her field of operations before submitting them to the immediate supervisor.
- Assessment/ Strategy: He/She participates to strategy development and proposes new interventions in function of needs identified in his/her field of operations.
- Programs: He/She coordinates the teams, and ensures proper implementation of programs on the site, under the supervision of his/her immediate supervisor.
- Human Resources: He/She supervises all of the teams on the site, as well as national and international staff.
- Logistical, administrative and financial support: He/She oversees the logistical, administrative and financial components at the site for the purpose of program implementation, and ensures compliance with the relevant procedures, with substantive support from the Logistics Coordinator (LOGC), and the Administrative and Financial Coordinator (AFC) of the mission.
- Project Management
- Public health / Agriculture / Water, sanitation / other…
- Financial Management
- Humanitarian: Min 1 year
- International: Min 2 years
- English Mandatory, French is desirable
- Excellent writing skills
- Project Management skills
- Team Management
- Knowledge of procedures related to institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies …)
- Employed with a 6 months Fixed-Term Contract
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months.
- Starting Date: March 1st
- Monthly gross income: from 1,870 up to 2,200 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to "Alexandre Darcas, Recruitment & Careers Manager" at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: (Nigeria FieldCo)
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.