Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit,
non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our
teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization
and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses,
answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency
relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity
and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 140
projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food
security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of
infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI
is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 22 countries – in
Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Our action in the field:
- The results of the assessment led PUI to position in host communities hosting IDPS of Maiduguri city.
In the beginning, the strategy will be focused on:
- Improving food security of the vulnerable population affected by the crisis via e-voucher / gardening / IGA
- Improving access to water, sanitation and hygiene via
rehabilitation and construction of boreholes, wells and latrines and
access to hygiene and shelter Non Food Items (via e voucher)
During the course of February a health and mental health assessment will
be realized in order to complete our analysis and to be able to set a
referral system up for malnutrition cases and psychosocial in Maiduguri
The Field Coordinator is responsible for the proper functioning of the
project site, and the proper implementation of programs developed on
- Safety: He/She is responsible of the safety of the site.
- Representation: He/She represents the organization before the
partners, authorities, and various local actors operating in the area
where his/her base is located.
- Coordination: He/She centralizes and disseminates information
from/to the site, and consolidates the internal and external reporting
activities implemented in his/her field of operations before submitting
them to the immediate supervisor.
- Assessment/ Strategy: He/She participates to strategy
development and proposes new interventions in function of needs
identified in his/her field of operations.
- Programs: He/She coordinates the teams, and ensures proper
implementation of programs on the site, under the supervision of his/her
- Human Resources: He/She supervises all of the teams on the site, as well as national and international staff.
- Logistical, administrative and financial support: He/She
oversees the logistical, administrative and financial components at the
site for the purpose of program implementation, and ensures compliance
with the relevant procedures, with substantive support from the
Logistics Coordinator (LOGC), and the Administrative and Financial
Coordinator (AFC) of the mission.
Training and Experiences
- Project Management
- Public health / Agriculture / Water, sanitation / other…
- Financial Management
- Humanitarian: Min 1 year
- International: Min 2 years
- English Mandatory, French is desirable
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Project Management skills
- Team Management
- Knowledge of procedures related to institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies …)
- Employed with a 6 months Fixed-Term Contract
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months.
- Starting Date: March 1st
- Monthly gross income: from 1,870 up to 2,200 Euros depending on
the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester
seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application
(Resume and Cover Letter) to “Alexandre Darcas, Recruitment &
Careers Manager” at: email@example.com with the following subject: (Nigeria FieldCo)