Andela provides companies with access to the top 1% of global tech
talent. We identify high-potential developers on the African continent,
shape them into world-class technical leaders, and pair them with
companies as full-time, distributed team members.
product roadmap while minimizing time spent interviewing, on-boarding,
and training new hires.
Andela is backed by investors including
Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, Susa
Ventures, Steve Case, Founder Collective, Rothenberg Ventures, Learn
Capital and more.
Job Title: Senior iOS Developer
As a Senior iOS Developer, you will primarily work as a Lead Developer
and Technical Team Lead for one of Andela’s off-shore clients. Our
clients operate in a wide-range of industries, but their common thread
is that they create mobile and/or web-based products that bring value to
their customers through the use of technology.
As the senior
member of your client’s Andela team, you will be responsible for
managing the delivery of your work as well as any developers that work
under you. Our core consulting model is embedded software developers and
teams, so although you will be working off-shore, you will be working
remotely alongside the client’s team as well as your own. Your
day-to-day might include everything from participating in daily standups
with your client to estimating the level of effort of work associated
with your (and your team’s) tasks.
In addition to your client
work, you will also serve as a mentor and technical resource to Andela
developers outside of your team.
- Interfacing with your client to understand their business, goals and visions for products being supported by an Andela Team
- Performing high quality work that not only meets the need of the client, but surpasses it.
- If you are managing a team:
that our developers are able to understand the business context and
value of their tasks, as well as how it impacts users.
technical guidance and oversight to ensure that the work delivered is
in accordance with the technical standards of your client.
- Encouraging a collaborative team environment
- Regularly reporting the status of your team both to your client as well as senior members of Andela’s Success Department
the work that your team is responsible for to ensure that you’re always
working on the highest value work that helps your clients meet their
- Working with our engineers to decompose high level
stories into smaller, specific tasks and provide high level design
support to help them understand how to solve specific coding challenges.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Are able to pass our Tech skills Assessment
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- A strong desire to mentor other developers
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Strongly motivated by our social mission of training 100 thousand young Africans in next 10 years
- Have at least 5 years of experience working in software development
- Have built and deployed iOS applications using Objective C and/or Swift
- Have experience leading technical teams using Agile methodologies
- Have experience working remotely as an effective member of a team
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply