26 Jul 2016
Standard Chartered Bank Vacancy for a Senior Credit Manager
engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Credit Manager
Job ID: 514717
- Support the SCO in optimising available capital resources and in creation of a desired portfolio risk profile through the application of Portfolio Standards and Risk Appetite principles in conjunction with the business.
- Ensuring quick transparent escalation of important issues and providing critical and timely inputs to key risk forums.
- Ensure that the quality of credit portfolio is maintained within acceptable parameters as defined by the group and local business strategy.
- Monitor and report excesses, breach of limit terms, early alert indicators and ensure that all such accounts are managed as per laid down procedures.
- Undertake regular customer visits to keep abreast of local market developments.
- Approve Business Credit Applications under personal delegated credit authority.
- Effective management and monitoring of underwriting and control disciplines to ensure good turnaround times, a well managed portfolio and the enforcement of credit risk policies.
- Management of all stakeholders including developing relationships with business partners and balancing the role with stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure a strong credit culture is maintained and credit policies complied with.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- 5+ years experience in banking.
- Satisfactory functional experience in Corporate Banking Credit Risk Management.
- MBA /CA/CFA with experience in treasury/relationship management/consultancy and risk management;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to influence and resolve disputes. Enjoy decision making and have sense of ownership;
- Multi cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Command respect of cross functional peers and business heads working in open ended situations;
- Good working relations with Regulators.
- Successfully completed SCB’s Core Credit Curriculum (CCC)
- Good communication skills – written and oral;
- Good knowledge and grasp of banking practice, financial markets, Basel II and ICAAP, risk appetite, and portfolio management techniques;
- Hands on knowledge of the regulatory frameworks within the region;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.