26 Jul 2016
STTA Information Coordinator and Liaison Job in an International Development Organization
Job Title: STTA Information Coordinator and Liaison
The STTA Information Coordinator and Liaison will coordinate information and liaise between NERI and our partner offices in Abuja with actors in Borno State for a period of 3 months to provide an improved understanding of the humanitarian situation in Borno and opportunities for assistance, coordination, and contribution, which will assist in more quickly resolving the conflict in the North East of Nigeria.
The STTA Information Coordinator and Liaison will report to NERI on incidents, events, and humanitarian efforts, which are currently poorly coordinated and reported, by the multiple actors. Activities will include attending line ministry meetings, coordinating with UN-OCHA, taking and receiving messages from international NGO (INGO) partners and others, as well as the Government of Borno State and verifying information presented to NERI.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position will report directly to NERI Abuja.
- Liaising between our partner sectoral offices, NERI and actors in Borno State on an ongoing basis via email, phone, in-person meetings, etc. as required to fulfill requirements of the position.
- Providing, ideally in real-time or at a minimum weekly, written reports on incidents, yielding informative summaries of location, including with GPS coordinates where possible, and description of the event(s) involving all Borno State actors.
- Establishing and demonstrating a robust data verification process to ensure only credible information is presented in a timely manner in all communications to NERI.
- Establishing and demonstrating a low-profile, yet robust, security protocol to aid the Information Coordination and Liaison in carrying out responsibilities of the STTA and developing positive and productive relationships with the various actors in Borno State.
- Provide cumulative monthly reports indicating trends.
- Establishing a network - throughout Borno State - of information sources with international organizations, international NGOs, local organizations, and state and federal government actors for engaging in regular communications, i.e. daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc, for obtaining up-to-date credible information on various humanitarian issues for subsequently sharing with NERI.
- Other tasks, of a reasonable nature, based on capacity of the Information Coordinator and Liaison, not explicitly incorporated herein but integral to meeting the objectives of the position and needs of NERI.
- Bachelor’s degree in international studies, social sciences, or similar field
- 3 years of practical work experience,
- Proficient in spoken and written Hausa and Kanuri languages,
- Proficient use of a computer and basic programs, i.e. MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, for generating reports and other communication vehicles,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse array of professional relationships with various actors in Borno State, NERI,
- Self-motivated and willing and able to work independently, providing timely deliverables in a quality-oriented manner based on agreed upon formats and templates
- Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus
- Proficient in spoken and written English language,
- Experience in synthesizing and analyzing information for generating reports and identifying trends,
- Practical experience of writing reports and other communications, in English language, in a clear, concise and coherent manner; especially with an international organization
How to Apply
Applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Monday August 1, 2016
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.