IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications
infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded
in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain –
colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia
and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s
tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Job Title: Tax Analyst
Reports To: Senior Finance Manager – Tax/Regulatory& Benefits
The Tax Analyst will assist in the coordination of remittance of monthly VAT, WHT and PAYE as at the time stipulated by law and proactively assist in ensuring that accurate tax payments and filings are done as at when due from end to end.
- Preparing month-end reports with respect to tax and other regulatory matters.
- Preparation of periodic corporation tax estimates for management reporting
- Assist in the coordination of remittance of monthly VAT, WHT and PAYE as at the time stipulated by law.
- Proactively assist in ensuring that accurate tax payments and filings are done as at when due from end to end.
- Ownership of the relevant ledgers as it relates to tax and regulatory as well as providing relevant schedules required for the preparation of monthly management report.
- Assist in proffering strategies to curb tax leakages and ensure efficient tax solution to operational services level delivery to vendors and customers
- Assist in coordinating and providing prompt support in the legitimate requirements of tax officials during tax audit and tax investigation exercises.
- Coordinate and properly manage tax documents, provide responses to Tax Authorities and other regulatory bodies on correspondences.
- Provide support on all statutory audits, tax investigation and due diligence exercise.
- Provide timely advice and assistance to colleagues on tax matters.
- Any other assignment as may be required by the Manager and the Senior Manager from time to time.
- Degree or its equivalent qualification in finance/business management field – ICAN/CITN membership(Candidate with CITN membership by examinations or progress in CITN examinations would be an added advantage)The ideal candidate must be honest and be prepared to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational commitment & accountability
- Analytical thinking / Problem solving
- Minimum of 3-4 years strong general taxation/regulatory handling experience.
- A good hands on of the telecom industry tax.
- Understanding of Nigerian tax environment.
- Strong MS Excel and intermediate MS word skills
- Ability to analyze data effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and numeric capability
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
How To Apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.