28 Jul 2016
U.S. Embassy vacancy for a Senior Program Specialist - HIV Testing Services - CDC Abuja
JOB POSITION: Senior Program Specialist - HIV Testing Services - CDC Abuja
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent provides project support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); contributing to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV Testing Services.
- Day-to-day program and administrative management, coordination and collaboration with other PEPFAR agencies to ensure that project implementation addresses program strategic objectives and internationally recognized public health standards and best practices.
- S/he serves as the activity manager for HIV Testing Service (HTS) components of one or more CDC supported cooperative agreement and a key contributor to the planning, development, and review of the HIV Testing Services (HTS) components of the annual Country Operational Plan (COP) for Nigeria.
- Additionally, s/he represents CDC Nigeria on HTS issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meeting with collaborators and donor agencies and also identifies training needs and participate in the development and implementation of training courses for partner organizations.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Post graduate degree in Public Health, Medicine, Nursing or related field is required.
2. Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in HIV Testing Services, prevention, Care and Support programs, including program planning, implementation, and evaluation is required.
3. Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
4. Thorough knowledge of HIV Testing Services (HTS) strategies, HIV prevention services, HIV/AIDS public health programs, method, processes, and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV prevention programs. Thorough knowledge of Nigeria health care system and structures including familiarity with Government of Nigeria (GoN) policies, program priorities and regulations is required.
5. Ability to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities and overall administrative requirement, budgeting and fiscal management in support of contracts/cooperative agreements/grants/purchase requisition is required.
6. Proficiency in MS Office, (Word and Spreadsheets) databases, knowledge of
epidemiology, statistic and data analysis is required.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.)
3. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
4. Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
5. E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Email Address: HRNigeria@state.gov
**Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
For more information, visit http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: AUGUST 10, 2016
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.