26 Jul 2016
Vacancy for a Special Assistant to the CEO at African Development Bank
The Bank's development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Special Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer - Africa50
- Africa50 is a landmark investment vehicle, focused exclusively on Africa's infrastructure investment opportunities. It is an independent, profit driven, commercially managed entity.
- It will provide a means for private sector investors to bring fresh capital to infrastructure development while securing a return.
- The result should be a significant boost to efforts to ensure sustained economic growth on the African continent. Africa50 will focus on large scale, transformative, commercially and developmentally sustainable infrastructure projects.
- Africa50 will target investments in high-impact national and regional projects in the energy, transport, Information Communication Technology and water sectors.
- Africa50 is hiring a Special Assistant to its Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The selected candidate will assist the CEO in all aspects of his work and will interact with a wide range of people within and outside Africa50.
- They should have a solid record of accomplishments and strong performance; sound judgment; strong organizational abilities; and excellent oral and written communication and people skills, including the ability to work across boundaries, as a leader and as a team member.
- The ability to be discreet and handle confidential information is also essential.
- The position requires stamina and a tremendous capacity for hard work.
- Qualified candidates will ideally have over six years of professional experience in finance or management consulting with strong finance skills.
Responsibilities for the successful applicant will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide input, analysis, and recommendations on issues brought to the CEO’s attention either for information or for action.
- Review briefs, speeches, and draft talking points for a wide spectrum of occasions.
- Closely interact with the Africa50 executive team and their staff, and keep them informed of important issues.
- Coordinate all high level corporate meetings, and overall schedule of the CEO.
- Organize and manage special events or visits of high profile guest’s and clients.
- Provide a broad range of analytical and liaison functions.
- Work effectively with Communication Staff to help manage Public Relations and Media outreach for the CEO.
- Coordinate the activities of the CEO’s front office.
- Fluent in English and French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Ensure that the CEO is adequately briefed and informed of important issues as they arise.
- Provide assistance to the CEO on all matters relating to Africa50’s operations, and Board interactions.
- Ensure appropriate follow through on actions, decisions, and commitments made by the CEO by working with the parties responsible for implementation.
- Prepare, attend meetings with (and on behalf of) the CEO, and follow up on agreed actions.
- Maintain regular contact both informally and formally with a wide range of staff to stay abreast of emerging issues requiring attention, and establish a program of systematic interaction with staff and follow up.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Must hold Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent qualification.
- Must have at least six (6) years’ experience in finance or management consulting with strong finance skills.
- Responsiveness to demands of the CEO, internal and external clients.
- Strong initiative and record of performance with low supervisory requirements to function effectively as a member of a team within unstructured and pressured work environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including an ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability and capability to make decisions quickly, often with incomplete information.
- High degree of tact and discretion in dealing with internal and external clients, staff at all levels, and in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Capacity to work long hours as needed; Highly motivated, and committed to highest ethical standards.
- Ability to produce high quality work with very short deadlines, to effectively prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and to adapt to unexpected work demands.
- Ability to multitask is essential.
- Highly developed communication and diplomatic skills (written and oral) to effectively share views at highest levels, and communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and logistical skills, with keen attention to detail and ability to follow up systematically on a broad set of initiatives and decisions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.