18 Jul 2016
Willis Towers Watson Job Vacancy for a Country Head, Nigeria
optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
The Willis Towers Watson Client Relationship teams primary function is to build and expand client relationships with our Target Market Organizations (TMOs) which are typically Fortune 1,000 or their equivalent. This includes responsibilities for growing revenue and managing a book of business across all three major Segments of our business
Job Title: Country Head
To drive revenue growth in order to enhance Nigeria and Willis Towers Watsons position as a global provider of insurance broking services. To be ultimately responsible for the long term strategic planning of Gras Savoye Nigeria and for the implementation of these plans; to lead the management, engage and motivate the approximately 16 associates to achieve excellent financial results in Nigeria.
Manager of People / Individual Contributor: This position has direct line responsibility for the following roles:
The following roles report into the GS Nigerias CEO:
- General Management, Operations
- Finance and accounting
- Human resources
The candidate while based in Lagos must be flexible and travel regularly within Nigeria. There will also be occasional travel to the region head office in Abidjan (Côte dIvoire) and International head office in London where the International BU leadership are based.
Budgetary and risk management responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for the achievement of the current budget and setting up subsequent budgets under the supervision of the regions Head
In addition to developing relationships with direct reports and associates in the country, this position will also work closely with the appropriate region CEO and team, International Chairman and CEO and members of the International BU Executive based in London and other country CEOs. Other internal relationships: senior leaders from the other BUs based in the US and UK.
- Define country specific targets that align with overall Willis Towers Watson targets
- Ensure clarity exists in the country as to how targets are going to be hit
- Monitor results against target and where necessary take immediate and decisive remedial action
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place in country to avoid fraudulent activity and errors & omissions (E&Os)
- Accommodate changes in targets and deliver against those changes
- Ensure adequate pipelines exist and pro-active activities takes place in all segments
- Create the framework and structures to enable sales success in the Mid-Market utilising 2.0
- For Large Accounts, ensure the adoption of the Client Insight Meeting approach utilising the Specialisms where appropriate
- Take an active role in the winning of Large Accounts including, where appropriate acting as Advocate Partner
- Where appropriate embrace, drive and take the lead on rolling out the Commercial Network
- Embrace, communicate and utilise the SAS team and the Specialisms in the winning, retaining and growing of Global Strategic Accounts
- Instrumental in the business planning process for the country
- In conjunction with Group, designs, communicates and ensures execution of the country strategy and its appropriate dissemination within country
- Is a key player in driving and supporting change initiatives within the country.
- Identify and report on potential key acquisitions to reinforce Willis commercial power in the country
- Maintains a working relationship with key carriers
- Overall responsibility for ensuring associates are competent, receive annual appraisals and training to fulfil their role and continually develop
- Updates succession plans and conducts regular Talent Management reviews
- Define the objectives for the country and ensure alignment with the International BU strategy.
- Leads the improvement and refinement of team operating procedures
- Acts with integrity in carrying out duties and responsibilities
- Deals with regulators in an open and co-operative way and disclose appropriately any information of which the regulators would reasonably expect notice
- Takes reasonable steps to ensure that complies with the internal requirements such as WEM and external regulatory requirements imposed on the business
- Acts with due skill, care and diligence
- Ensures observation of proper standards of market conduct
- Exploit and improve the growth opportunities
- Expand the business
- Improve retention levels
- Recruit and develop effective leaders and teams
- The candidate must be and Associate of a Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII). Educated to degree level, ideally with further professional and/or post graduate qualifications. A minimum of 8 years in a management position is a key requirement.
- The ideal candidate would be a national of Nigeria and be fluent in English written and spoken. Candidates from outside Nigeria must have either worked previously in Nigeria or have good working knowledge of Nigeria, perhaps having worked in a regional role.
- Good financial understanding and excellent at driving results through others.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role within the financial services industry, ideally with knowledge of insurance. Must be used to working in a remote/matrix environment and have international experience. Ideally they should have experience of managing a region or performed a significant global role.
- The ideal candidate would be a dynamic and proven leader, with connections at the highest level within Nigeria. They must also be a team player.
- Solid understanding of regulatory environment in Nigeria and hold relevant regulatory qualifications as appropriate.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. Our continued success depends greatly on our ability to fully and effectively employ qualified persons, regardless of race, colour, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, military status, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights or equal opportunity legislation.
We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.