Job Title: Logistics & Procurement Manager
- Establish framework agreements with suppliers, lead negotiations
with contractors and maintain a process for ensuring all contracts are
- Liaise with key stakeholders including Contractors, Consultants and Project Managers
- Lead competitive tendering activities
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material requirements.
- Coordinate with project department to identify exact
requirements, quantities and delivery schedules and team up with key
persons to ensure the clarity on the specifications and expectations of
- Organize, plan, prioritize material /services requirements.
- Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating contracts policies with suppliers.
- Resolve vendor’s / contractors grievances and claims of suppliers.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts aswell as prepare cost / benefit analysis
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Develop reporting systems for each departments to ensure
accurate inventory of supplies and availability of necessary goods and
- Anticipate unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Raise/review purchase orders, claims and contracts in conformation with company policies.
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports as per management requirements.
- Devise and utilize beneficial sourcing strategies to get quality
vendors of materials, equipment or supply on the most profitable terms.
- Interview them in order to determine product availability, delivery and terms of purchase.
- Ensure all suppliers/contractors are registered with the company.
- Ensure supply of materials / services on time.
- Any other duties as assigned
Key Skills & Requirements
- HND/B.Sc. in Purchasing & Supply, supply Chain Management, Logistics and Business Administration
- Excellent communication Skills with demonstrable experience of negotiating with contractors
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be attentive to details.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Must look presentable at all times.
- Membership of a procurement professional organization (CIPS, NCIPSM is an added advantage)
- At least 1-3 year experience.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Demonstration of construction sector experience is essential
- Knowledge of procurement process for tendering activities would be desirable
- Competent user of Microsoft Office package
How to Apply
interested candidates should send their application letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 31st August, 2016.