The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) was established to
distribute quality electric power to its customers, using modern
technology and tools. The company desires to build a team of
professionals who will manage its operations under global best
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, (AEDC) the electric
distribution company for the FCT, Niger, Kogi and Nassarawa States, is
inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the
Job Title: Head, Business Risk
- The role reports to the Director Risk and Compliance within the AEDC organogrem.
- He/she is to effectively develop and implement an Enterprise
Wide Risk Management System for the organisation, develop a rick
identification and reporting matrix for the organisation and prepare
quarterly ERM Reports for the EMT and EXCOM of the AEDC Board.
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall Enterprise Risk Management process and plan for the organisation
- Leading and coordinating risk assessments, identifying the
operational and strategic risks, facilitating the prioritization of risk
and the identification of risk owners.
- Ensure the provision of on-the-job technical training for staff to ensure skills transfer,
- Take the lead in establishing and monitoring performance
benchmarks for the Business Risk Management function and ensure the
promotion of a high performance culture within team.
- Co-ordinate all Risk Management activities and events within AEDC.
- Ensure the implementation of all the Company’s Risk Management
Frameworks which includes Enterprise Risk Management, Insurance Risk
Management, Crisis Risk Management, Business Continuity Management,
Fraud Risk Management, and Information Security Risk Management in
collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Quarterly Top 10 Organisational Risk Profile reporting to the Executive Management Team (EMT) and the Board of Directors
- Coordinate Risk and Control Assessment (“RCA”) including set
scope, identify material risks, assign risk prioritization, identify and
assess the design and operating effectiveness of key controls to
mitigate operational risk.
- Capacity Building Training for AEDC staff in Risk identification, Assessment and Reporting
- Risk culture and change and process ownership for every staff of AEDC
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization
- Business Continuity; Manage potential and real situation that
may cause disruption to operations and invocation of business continuity
plans, including implementation of a robust business recovery strategy
comprising an impact analysis contingency plans and testing and with
consideration to critical parties and vendors. Responsibilities also
include facilitation of mandatory business continuity awareness and
escalation of business continuity risks
- Conduct Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated
risks with criteria established by the organization such as coats, legal
requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the
organization’s previous handling of risks
- Establishing and qualifying the organisation’s ‘risk appetite’ i.e the level of risk they are prepared to undertake.
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences,
for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most
significant risk, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks
relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand
their accountability for individual risks
Minimum Qualification Required:
- A first Degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or Natural Science.
Additional Qualification Required:
- An MBA and a professional Risk Management Qualification a MUST.
Minimum Experience Required:
- 10 Years Experience in an industry / commercial entity with
experience in the development and implementation of Enterprise Risk
Management (ERM) Programme and Business Continuity Management (BCM)
- The candidate must be prepared to work unusually long hours;
both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply. The following
attributes are also very cardinal for effective delivery of this
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent Communication skills both written and orally
- Tenacious, highly motivated and resilient individual
- Team worker with the ability to drive cross functional KPls development & Implementation
- Effective Leadership
- Result Oriented with ‘a can do attitude
- Good lnterpersonal Relationship
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Curiculum Vitae and a Cover letter to: email@example.com The subject of your email should be the position you are applying for.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services.
Note: Only applications sent to the above email address will be treated.
Application Deadline 5:00 pm GMT; 9th August, 2016.