Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives
by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable
communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation,
health and advocacy.
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Duty Station: Maiduguri, Borno State
Reporting to the Head of Base, the HR Officer will
support the HR Department in ensuring that National staff are
recruited, developed and managed in a strategic, proactive manner to
ensure the mission’s human resource requirements for programs and
support positions; National staff benefits, data and information
administration are carried out effectively, in close coordination with
supervisors/managers and administrators at all bases, to ensure smooth
delivery of internal services to employees; the management team is
supported with all administrative tasks related to both national and
- Oversee the base’s recruitment process.
- Supervise and manage staff under your responsibility.
- Provide overall support to the HR Department.
- Ensure proper contract administration for all staff.
- Oversee the processing of employee’s salary and benefits.
- Support in the mission’s capacity building and career development.
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management; masters’ degree a plus.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions.
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous,
self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of
interest IN ONE DOCUMENT, and indicate the full position title and
location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
Applications received without these specifications will not be
considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone
calls or follow-ups will be entertained.
Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2016.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.