Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against
Hunger | ACF International saves the lives of malnourished children
while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable
solutions to hunger. With more than 35 years of expertise in emergency
conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity, ACF runs life-saving programs in over 45 countries.
Job Title: Logistic Manager – Damaturu, Yobe, Nigeria
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
support for successful program implementation. You will use your people
and interpersonal skills to support teams working in difficult
environments and foster strong relationships with the local communities
and key stakeholders.
Key activities in your role will include
- Supervising the logistics team at base level
- Managing the supply chain function at base level
- Managing fleet and transport at base level
- Supervising the management of equipment at base level
- Contributing to sound financial management at base level
- Communication management at base level
- Building the capacity of other departments at base level in working with logistics documentation
- Serving as a brand ambassador for logistics with both internal and external stakeholders
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Purchasing and Supply
Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a related
- You have at least 3 years’ extensive experience in logistics
management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development
- You have a good general knowledge of IT, mechanics, communications, supply chain management & procurement.
You are passionate about finding effective solutions
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You
take pride in planning not just the best case scenario but also for
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well
as the organization’s policies & procedures – both verbally &
in writing. Your reports are timely, comprehensive & well-written.
- You ensure your teams remain aware of changes in security
conditions, challenges faced by the program implementers & any new
- You like to find & implement straight-forward solutions to
tricky questions. You balance finding quick answers to immediate
problems with planning projects that take a longer time to execute.
- Your experience allows you to remain are calm & articulate
under pressure. You are a strong advocate for improving the humanitarian
assistance to those most in need, able to represent ACF appropriately
with a range of counterparts.
- You understand that the logistics function plays an invaluable role
in keeping ACF’s core activities operational. You take pride meeting
deadlines & following procedures correctly & keeping logistical
Your work style builds confidence within your team
- You maintain a mature and problem solving attitude when confronted with difficult situations.
- You are able to motivate and encourage others to deliver high standards of work
- You’re genuinely enthusiastic about helping the logistics teams
achieve their objectives. You like to pass on to others what you’ve
learnt & thrive on the variety of logistics activities that fall
within this role’s scope of responsibility.
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your
language, speaking tactfully & listening carefully to others. You
are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms & are
comfortable explaining & reinforcing policies & procedures to a
- You have a high degree of emotional intelligence demonstrating
strong self-awareness and the ability to take responsibility for your
- You monitor the impact that demanding activities and stressful
working conditions may have on your team and actively work with other
departments to ensure staff are appropriately supported.