ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the
poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society,
institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural
changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world.
is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International
Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its
headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works
in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
ActionAid is a global movement of people working together to further human rights and defeat poverty for all.
Job Title: Administrative Officer (Consultancy)
The Administrative Officer who reports to Director, Human
Resources and Organizational Effectiveness will be responsible for
providing front office, stores, administrative and secretarial support
to the Country Programme. As the first line contact person to the
organization, s/he will be responsible for receiving visitors, giving
sound response to inquiries, managing mails, answering and screening
S/he is to ensure the application of AAN policies and
procedures in collaboration with the other members of the HROE team and
the Country Programme. S/he will also manage physical and electronic
reference documents for the country programme by maintaining
documentation, filing systems and contact data base.
- Maintain a welcome and professional environment and handle/direct all visitors and enquiries appropriately.
- Work with colleagues to establish & maintain relationship
with suitable hotels across the country and manage all organizational
- Provide logistics for workshops, seminars, meetings, staff retreat, and ensure adequate communication for all events.
- Manage AAN store ensuring adequacy of materials required for
day to day running of the office/programmes and proper documentation of
all expenses involved.
- Support organisational procurement processes
- Manage and maintain a First Aid box in accordance with AAN’s
Health and Safety policy as well as ensure a hygienic and clean office
- Degree in social sciences or arts/humanities
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in Front Desk management and Office administration or a related function.
- Experience in working with international development of NGO agencies.is desirable
- Experience of designing and co-ordinating training/meetings is desirable
- Highly numerate, excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
Job Title: Sponsorship Communications Consultant
The Communications Consultant will be responsible for
implementing AAN’s Child Sponsorship communications plan and Community
Sponsorship’s fundraising communication strategy as contained below and
in the job description provided. This includes but not limited to
liaising and engaging with funding affiliates, local right partners,
goodwill ambassadors and vendors in the execution of duties stated.
- Ensure communications from all 11 local right partners to UK,
Italy, Sweden and Brazil Sponsors are delivered on a timely basis. i.e.
Community Voices, Amico and Next Step reports.
- Work with the Child Sponsorship Coordinator to produce the annual Communication Plans for Funding Affiliates
- Produce monthly and bi-annual communications for
supporter-retention and acquisition when necessary and in line with
- Coordinate and supervise the approved media agency on the placement of DRTV advert on DSTV.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of advert placement in the
media and proffer advice for re-direction based on evaluation results.
- Liaise with Communications Coordinator on requests for AAN staff programme appearances in media houses located within Lagos.
- Work with Communications Coordinator on all engagement involving the celebrity Campaigner for Community Sponsorship.
- Provide technical support and communications materials for fundraising activities.
- Coordinate production of informative, educative and communications (IEC) materials produced by approved vendors.
- Regularly develop contents and update all Community
Sponsorship social media platforms with quality content. i.e. Facebook,
Instagram, Linkedln, Google+ and Youtube.
- Provide and upload quality content (stories and photos) on
Community Sponsorship website with strict adherence to AAN’s brand
- Work with communications coordinator and digital officer on
content development and execution of digital fundraising campaigns
- First degree in social sciences arts or humanities
- At least 5 years’ experience managing communication and advocacy projects and working with the media.
- Knowledge of website content management and digital communication
- Proven experience in report writing
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Good computer skills especially in the use of publishing tools
- Creative and takes initiative.
- A self motivated person able to work without close supervision
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and covering letter in not more than 3 pages to firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before Tuesday 23rd August 2016 clearly stating position as the
subject of the email.
Please note that all applications received after
the closing date will not be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.