Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited – Due to the liberalization and
expansion of the Power sector and the need to build technical
capacity in a rapidly expanding industry, AETI has extended its
professional services, Education, Technical training, Consulting,
Power projects, Outsourcing and
Recruitment to the power sector. It
has accordingly, incorporated AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited
to undertake these projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
- The person must know how to use a range of tools and engineering
techniques to maintain and repair mechanical plant machinery and
equipment to operational standards.
- Repair, replacement of part of turbine auxiliaries e.g pumps, compressors, boilers and so on
- Identification of defective or worn Turbine mechanical components or equipment,
- Repair/replacement of worn/faulty components or equipment, and modifications.
- Use precision measuring instruments to check alignment of modules/parts for accuracy and fit.
- Carry out a range of mechanical work on machines, sub-assemblies
and manufactured parts using a range of processes, tools and machines.
- Examine and interpret detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements
- Set up and adjust metalworking machines and equipment
- Operate machines to produce parts or tools by turning, boring,
milling, planning, shaping, slotting, grinding or drilling metal stock
or components of gas turbine and other mechanical driver systems
- Cut, thread, bend and install hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Dismantle faulty tools and assemblies and repair or replace defective parts
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools
- Check accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies/modules of a gas turbine plant.
- Minimum of OND in any Engineering related course,
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Gas Turbine Technician
- Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
- Observe/inspect open and close valves and switches in sequence to start or shut down auxiliary units.
- Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans,
compressors, condensers, feedwater heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to
supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power.
- Record and compile operational data by completing and maintaining forms, logs, or reports.
- Clean, lubricate, or maintain equipment, such as generators,
turbines, pumps, or compressors, to prevent failure or deterioration.
- Control power generating equipment, including boilers, turbines,
generators, or reactors, using control boards or semi-automatic
- Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland and pipe joints.
- Inspect records or log book entries or communicate with plant personnel to assess equipment operating status.
- Place standby emergency electrical generators on line in
emergencies and monitor the temperature, output, and lubrication of the
- Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to
regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
- Control generator output to match the phase, frequency, or voltage of electricity supplied to panels.
- Experience in GAS Turbine operation, maintenance, projects and Installation
- Comprehensive knowledge of rotating plant dynamics and vibration engineering
- Theoretical understanding of condition monitoring principles and methods of practical implementation
- Understanding of turbine generators and large auxiliary plant engineering
- Hands own experience in Rotor, shaft, couplings, alignment, trim
balancing and other trouble shooting skills related to vibration
- B.Sc/B.Eng/HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Power Plant Projects related to Gas Turbine/Operations, Overhaul or Installation work.
Job Title: Welder
- Responsible for permanently joining metal parts using high heat
application to form a permanent bond with arc and/or oxy-acetelyn.
- May specialize in one of hundreds of different processes of welding to join metals together
- Ability to weld all position of welding relevant to the gas turbine plant.
- Ability to weld metals using MIG and TIG process
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
- Welding spare parts in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead, etc.;
- Identifying any fault in operating the equipment or in relation to any material or equipment, then notifying the supervisors;
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or
grinding spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements
and create a welded final product;
- Operating other accessory equipment and performing some tasks
necessary for welding metal, such as fusing metal segments, using gas
tungsten arc, metal arc, flux-cored arc, and other types of welding
- Examining finish products and spare parts and comparing them with samples to check whether the specifications are met;
- Being in charge of preparing and setting up necessary tools and
equipment for welding job such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc or
other welding equipment
- Follow all safe work practices
- Grind or clean weld joint of work piece
- OND in any Engineering related course,
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Additional certification will be an added advantage.
Job Title: High Pressure Welder P91
- Ability to understand welding processes, consumables, standards and codes for pipe and welding techniques on different position.
- Welding metals using 3G, 4G and 6G on GTAW, SMAW and FCAW on plates, tubes and pipes.
- Able to tests the process before welding and the finished weldment.
- Understand how weld colour is an indication of weld quality.
- Design of welded structures and understand the behaviour of welded structure under different types of loading.
- Joint design, fitting techniques, consumable inter
configurations, fillers and base metal combinations, purging and welding
- Proper cleaning of welding joints using acids and solvents.
- Applying protection from contaminants at elevated temperatures such as trailing shields, root shields and chamber welding.
- Reads blueprints, does layout work and pipe fitting.
- Assists other crafts in various types of mechanical work on
compressors, fans, valves, boilers, turbines and other associated power
- Operate welding machine that feeds wire to bond materials.
- Use molten metal to join two pieces of metal.
- Connect copper plumbing pipes and thinner metals.
- Determine welding position and type of metal to be fused.
- Ensure welds meet standards and specifications.
- Load parts correctly and monitor machine constantly.
- Use heat from an electric arc to cut and trim metal objects.
- Dismantle large objects such as ships and aircraft.
- Knows the properties of various rods and fluxes used in welding metals
- Measure routings of pipe and fabricate pipe to fit existing
in-line piping system; utilize instrumentation cut sheets to do take
outs for fabrication of spool pieces
- Plan and layout sequence of installation to avoid obstructions
- Cut pipe using port-a-band saw, reciprocating saw, pipe cutters, power saw, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine
- Welds include butts, sockets, boss roots, weldolets and fillets
- Must be able to read and interpret welding procedures,
structural drawings, technical manuals, test documents and diagrams
- Must be able to work all shifts, at heights, confined spaces
(in-tank welding) and extreme temperature conditions (cold, heat) as
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of industrial mechanical systems
- Relevant working experience with High chrome welding, Alloy
welding, P91 Welding, High pressure and temperature piping, HRSG,
Boiler, CC Power Plant
- Minimum of OND
- Not less than 5 years experience
- Any additional technical certification
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com use the position as the subject title
Application Deadline 31st August, 2016.