Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for
children. We work in 120 countries. Save the Children saves children’s lives; we fight
for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
professional animator with experience in developing animation for low
literacy audience. The animator will support the programme to design
IECs in the context of Northern Nigeria for its various outputs. The
animation will be coloured pictures to help communicate key programme
messages to the beneficiaries
- To produce high quality images conveying messages as they will be easily interpreted and understood by the beneficiaries;
- Support programme to pre-test the IECs in the programme communities;
- Modify the animation based on feedback received from the pre-test
- Five years progressive experience as an animator
- Experience developing animation for development related agencies and projects
- Previous experience of working with SCI or any national and international NGOs.
- Availability and willingness to travel to Zamfara and Jigawa states; cognate field experience is required.
- Ability to work in close coordination with other team members.
- Hard copy collection of animation pictures based on specific messages provided by the programme to the animator
- Soft copy of the collection above
administratively be under the overall supervision and report directly to
the Nutrition Coordinator, and work collaboratively with the CDGP State
project team in Jigawa and Zamfara states to deliver the assignment.
project (documentary, digital, cyber, project documents, etc) belonging
to CDGP, which the consultant may come into contact with in the
performance of his/her, duties under this assignment shall remain the
property of CDGP who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except
for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed
to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of
SCI/CDGP in line with the national and International Copyright Laws
SCI terms of contract and managed by solely for the purpose of
delivering the above outputs.
necessary support to the consultant in order to execute the assignment
during the duration of the consultancy. These shall include:
- Access to relevant project documents necessary for execution of the duties under this consultancy;
- Provision of logistic arrangement to and within the project states.
- 20% upon submission of acceptable drafts; and
- 80% Final payment upon submission of the final outputs, incorporating suggestions and recommendations from CDGP.
- Personal CV highlighting past experience in similar projects; and
- Work references – contact details (e-mail addresses) of referees
- Financial proposal indicating
consultancy fee (lump sum fee) and a breakdown of expenses (unit price
together with any other expenses) related to the assignment.