29 Aug 2016
APM Terminals Nigeria Job for a Project Manager
contributed to trade in Nigeria over the past 10 years by improving the quality of the country’s port operations. APM Terminals’ expanding operations in Nigeria is powered by a team of about 1000 dedicated professionals who focus on providing world-class services, unparalleled container handling solutions and lifting global trade in Nigeria.
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Badagry, Lagos
- Manages all aspects of land access and resettling existing communities in accordance with the Badagry resettlement overall plan, Equator Principles, framework and procedures in a timely manner to meet the businesses’ exploration, development and overall project schedules.
- Work closely with Internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective resettlement processes are implemented.
- Track construction progress, related to the resettlement of the involved communities, against the approved baseline and, where appropriate, ensure issues are pro-actively addressed, resolved and/or escalated and reported.
- In line with corporate standards, implement best in class project management practices across the construction parts of the resettlement project and ensure they are consistently deployed by contractors.
- Manage any required updates or developments resettlement framework and procedures, to ensure continued planned project effectiveness, regulatory compliance and alignment with set standards.
- Manage the Resettlement team and Resettlement consultants.
- Report progress to the Nigeria Country Manager and ensures resettlement provisions are incorporated into project schedules.
- Oversees the Badagry port resettlement budget
- Ensure all required data and documentation is obtained, managed and shared. Ensure documentation is in place to demonstrate an IFC-compliant approach.
- Lead on the commissioning, procurement and management of external expertise and services relating to resettlement, including legal, valuation, compensation and baseline data.
- Assess the identified risks on an ongoing basis & identify trigger events
- Own strategies to deal with & manage the identified risks
- Ensure that the APMT Group risk policy is implemented & followed by all levels within the company.
- Ensures that the Contractor(s) fulfils his role under the contract and acts as primary point of contact for the contractor(s)
- Liaise with the project engineering department at the APM Terminals head office to ensure consistency with APM Terminals’ standard requirements
- Ensure alignment between construction and resettlement agreements, broader social investment initiatives and project initiatives that have influence on the resettlement project or project master schedule.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management; managing interdependencies in complex projects
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
- Preferably 5 years of experience within APMT
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care
- Ability to engage a senior management team and ability to build strong working relationships
- Can work easily with a diversity of people, politically agile, skilled communicator, manages interpersonal conflict well
- Delivers results (even in tough situations), resourceful, inspiring, has significant presence, builds high performing teams
- In general strong leadership skills are required for this role
- Committed to deliver external outcomes, i.e. a solid business – driven by value add to APMT
- Can take on multiple roles to bridge divergent interests
- Comfortable with setting direction in complexity and ambiguity, finds solutions to tough problems, while actively managing resistance to change
- Integrating personality - ability to spot and address misalignment between work streams
- Strong planning skills and high analytical capability
- High discipline - following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team
- Communication in broader context
- Negotiating in different cultures.
- You the opportunity to work with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.