Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the
leading Nigerian Non Governmental Organizations implementing programs
for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment
of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc.
We offer professionals,
opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and
We seek applications from qualified persons for the vacant position in a
USAID funded OVC project: Local Partners for Orphans and Vulnerable
Children Project in Region One: Lagos/Rivers/Akwa Ibom States:
Job Title: Finance and Grant Manager
Reports to: Director, Finance and Administration
- Prepare and track budget, liability, and capital accounts and monitor financial status.
- Manage fund disbursements (payment vouchers, cheques, and other banking transactions).
- Ensure compliance with internal control and adherence to donors’ financial policies and procedures.
- Efficiently manage payroll and monthly local statutory returns (i.e. payee, pensions, etc)
- Coordinate activities of accounting staff and provide necessary mentonng to subordinates.
- Work closely with program team and support other staff for effective operation of ARFH and project activities.
- Ensures proper record keeping and manages data base backups.
- Prepare accurate and timely bank reconciliation statements, .
accounts payable, and account receivables, balance sheet and other
reports for submission to donors, management and, internal and external
Grant Management Duties:
- Identify and mitigate the program risks.
- Conduct grant reviews of OVC operations.
- Conduct oversight visits to sub-recipients and partners
- Provide guidance to project team regarding best grant management practices that minimize risk to the grant.
- Collect and review financial reports from sub-recipients and provide necessary mentoring
- Review grant compliance controls with respect to the terms and conditions of the donor.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field plus any
of the following professional accounting certification: ACA or ACCA or
- At least 7 years experience in grant management in a dynamic
& multi-cultural international non-Governmental organization
setting, excellent accounting and auditing skills.
- Knowledge of USAID and other international donor rules and
regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements; working
knowledge of OMB Circulars.
- Good computer skills in Ms Office and accounting software- QuickBooks are highly essential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord
document) explaining suitability for the job; to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile
phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone number of the referees.
Application Deadline 25th August 2016.