Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the
leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs
for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and
Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc.
professional opportunities for career advancement, good working
environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from
qualified persons for the following position under the Global Fund
Malaria Grant- New Funding Model.
Association for Reproductive and Family Health is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Associate
- Reports to the State Program Officer with technical backstop from the senior finance officer (Abuja)
- As state finance associate, under the guidance of the state
program officer and key staff of the central office, support the state
office in the effective management/ disbursement/retirements of all
state office funds and provide administrative support to the State/field
- S/he will have the unique opportunity to also acquire relevant
experience and build his/her financial management and administrative
capacity while working on the project.
Support the preparation of project state level work plans/budgets, and tracking of budgets.
- Ensure timely retirement of advances by staff of project field offices to HQ.
- Review all retirements from the field offices and Abuja HQ
- Assist the HQ finance team to resolve audited questioned cost emanating from retirements or observations from the field office.
- Maintain imprest account, manage all petty cash transactions and
fuel retainer ship including preparation of petty cash analysis for
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Prepare and pay out signed cheques and maintain an accurate cheque payment register
- Prepare, sign for and register vouchers for goods and services received
- Carry out banking transactions, (i.e. fund withdrawal, fund deposit, collection of bank documents etc.)
- Maintain working relationship with banks to ensure timely banking transactions
- Conduct accurate monthly reconciliation of cash and bank statements
- Track fund request for activities from field office to HQ and
fund release from HQ to field office account to ensure that both are
- Program Management
- Ensure proper verification of all supporting documents which
make up the full retirements before sending documents to the head
- Ensure timely retirement of funds expended for activities in the field office
- Lead the process of resolving financial queries from HQ on retirement’s submitted by field office
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the ARFH field office
- Send request for quotes (RFQ) and obtain quotes from vendors in
line with ARFH/GF procurement procedures. Also participate in the quote
- Provide logistic support for short term technical assistants
(consultants). Also responsible for arranging the logistics for the
implementation of project activities in the state
- Ensure payment of participants at workshops etc and ensuring complete documentation is maintained
- Maintain appropriate filling systems for payment vouchers,
receipts, bank statements etc and ensure that adequate (correct and
complete) supporting documents are attached as required
- Maintain a record of contacts details (address and phone
numbers) of vendors and the various malaria stakeholders (Government,
NGOs, private sector, donor etc)
- Maintain an accurate and complete procurement and other relevant files for field office
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all books of accounts
including maintenance of the checking account, equipment and supply
registers and all accounting records consistent with generally accepted
- Maintain inventory register for fixed assets and office supplies/consumables for the project and regular updates as required
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the appropriate officer.
- Candidate must have a first degree/HND in Accounting or other related social science courses.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience is an advantage.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks, analytical, interpersonal, and communication are required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian NGOs contractual procedures is a must. A post graduate degree will also be an advantage.
The applicant must be resident in Osun State, be able to communicate
fluently in the local language. The position attracts a monthly
remuneration of thirty five thousand naira only (N35, 000.00) inclusive
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord
document) explaining suitability for the job; to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of post and state applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile
phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2016.