15 Aug 2016
Association for Reproductive and Family Health Job for a Finance Associate
at 15:20 Tags: Association for Reproductive and Family Health , Business and Finance Jobs , Osun State
We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position under the Global Fund Malaria Grant- New Funding Model.
Association for Reproductive and Family Health is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Associate
- Reports to the State Program Officer with technical backstop from the senior finance officer (Abuja)
- As state finance associate, under the guidance of the state program officer and key staff of the central office, support the state office in the effective management/ disbursement/retirements of all state office funds and provide administrative support to the State/field office.
- S/he will have the unique opportunity to also acquire relevant experience and build his/her financial management and administrative capacity while working on the project.
Support the preparation of project state level work plans/budgets, and tracking of budgets.
- Ensure timely retirement of advances by staff of project field offices to HQ.
- Review all retirements from the field offices and Abuja HQ
- Assist the HQ finance team to resolve audited questioned cost emanating from retirements or observations from the field office.
- Maintain imprest account, manage all petty cash transactions and fuel retainer ship including preparation of petty cash analysis for reimbursement
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Prepare and pay out signed cheques and maintain an accurate cheque payment register
- Prepare, sign for and register vouchers for goods and services received
- Carry out banking transactions, (i.e. fund withdrawal, fund deposit, collection of bank documents etc.)
- Maintain working relationship with banks to ensure timely banking transactions
- Conduct accurate monthly reconciliation of cash and bank statements
- Track fund request for activities from field office to HQ and fund release from HQ to field office account to ensure that both are timely
- Program Management
- Ensure proper verification of all supporting documents which make up the full retirements before sending documents to the head quarters
- Ensure timely retirement of funds expended for activities in the field office
- Lead the process of resolving financial queries from HQ on retirement’s submitted by field office
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the ARFH field office
- Send request for quotes (RFQ) and obtain quotes from vendors in line with ARFH/GF procurement procedures. Also participate in the quote analysis
- Provide logistic support for short term technical assistants (consultants). Also responsible for arranging the logistics for the implementation of project activities in the state
- Ensure payment of participants at workshops etc and ensuring complete documentation is maintained
- Maintain appropriate filling systems for payment vouchers, receipts, bank statements etc and ensure that adequate (correct and complete) supporting documents are attached as required
- Maintain a record of contacts details (address and phone numbers) of vendors and the various malaria stakeholders (Government, NGOs, private sector, donor etc)
- Maintain an accurate and complete procurement and other relevant files for field office
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all books of accounts including maintenance of the checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records consistent with generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintain inventory register for fixed assets and office supplies/consumables for the project and regular updates as required
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the appropriate officer.
- Candidate must have a first degree/HND in Accounting or other related social science courses.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience is an advantage.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks, analytical, interpersonal, and communication are required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian NGOs contractual procedures is a must. A post graduate degree will also be an advantage.
The applicant must be resident in Osun State, be able to communicate fluently in the local language. The position attracts a monthly remuneration of thirty five thousand naira only (N35, 000.00) inclusive of tax.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of post and state applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.