Bertola Machine-Tool Limited is Nigeria’s largest Machines &
Technical Equipment warehouse with fully equipped maintenance workshops.
Established in 1981 as Bertola International Ltd, which name was later
modified in 1986 to Bertola Machine-Tool Ltd to depict the nature of its
operations. It was
incorporated under The Companies and Allied Matters
Act, 1990, with Registration Number RC. 89822.
We have constantly proved unbeatable in high quality, prices and
customer care. We also render after-sales services within Nigeria and in
the neighbouring countries.
Bertola Machine-Tool Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Support Engineer
Main Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
- Management of the Offshore based personnel, where applicable
- Liaise between client’s onshore and offshore representatives
- Ensure that statutory compliance with (LOLER, HSE, Performance Standards, Safety Case, etc
- Assist in preparation of invoices and financial reports
- Compilation of monthly management and technical reports.
- Travel to client’s onshore and offshore facilities to carry out PR, audits and site surveys as required.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with EnerMech safety and quality management systems
- Participate fully as a member of the EnerMech Contracts department and the clients’ maintenance team.
- Assist the client in the preparation of the OPEX and CAPEX budgets and the ongoing tracking.
- Preparation of detailed work plans and schedules
- Liaise with all company departments to ensure those services are available to support these plans
- Provide forward looking revenue projections based on anticipated project works.
- Other duties as directed by the contracts manager commensurate with incumbent’s abilities, training and experience
Qualifications, Experience, Competence, Skills and Knowledge
- Single point of contact for all client issues
- Completion of all management reports on a timely manner
- Responsible for timely presentation of invoices and their accuracy.
- Forward planning of revenue through use of appropriate tools (eg Sales Tracker)
- Responsible for planning and coordinating between client and company all offshore activities
- Responsible for the coordination of all EnerMech departments & divisions in order to achieve the stated goals
- To ensure the ongoing provision of Crane Maintenance and Management Systems.
- Compliance with client’s safety case requirements including performance standards.
- Collate and/ or enter data into maintenance management systems where access is given
- Ensure all maintenance and fit for purpose requirements are maintained within areas of authority.
Communication / Reporting:
- Regular communication and reporting with the client through contract meetings.
- Effectively communicate with EnerMech Contracts Manager, EnerMech Departments, Offshore Supervisors and Offshore staff.
- Participate, as necessary in pre mobilisation briefings as and when required as circumstances dictate.
- Participate in all aspects of current and future change processes.
- FPAL feedback collection and reporting
- Ensure that all operational, technical, financial and incident reports are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Engineering qualification (HND or equivalent or above)
- Previous experience in a similar position, one of which could be in the area of cranes/lifting.
- Candidates may have extensive project management or contract
support experience in another technical discipline as an alternative to
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Ability to work with other disciplines.
- Confident – ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate commitment to safety.
- Flexible – able to comply with company and client requirements.
Job Title: Graduate Assistant / Commissioning Engineer
What are my responsibilities?
- Travel to customer sites globally to commission single or multi
Turbine installations fixing any technical problems and maintaining our
commercial position onsite.
- Stringently cold test electrical, Mechanical, hydraulic, Pneumatic and PLC controlled systems.
- Test communication system including Controlnet, Devicenet, Modbus, Profibus and Ethernet.
- Load software to the PLC and fully test including following the correct process for modifications.
- Implement any design changes or modifications be it mechanically, electrically or software related.
- Function check MCC’s, AC/DC Motors, instrumentation, pumps, actuators, solenoids and valves.
- Function test F&G systems and prove to set cause and effect diagrams.
- Dynamic testing of the Turbine systems.
- Starting and performance running checks including DLE mapping and emission checks.
- Work with Customer and third parties to complete all
commissioning activities on the turbine and driven unit and hand over to
- You will make sure the product is to specification and that the client is happy.
- Complete relevant documentation including site reports, daily reports and other relevant documentation.
- What do you need to qualify for the job?
- You’ll need to be a proven engineer, qualified to degree level
or have equivalent experience, experienced with rotating equipment and
have an understanding of the
- You’ll need to have experience in configuring/commissioning
- Fault finding skills on gas turbines, control systems, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems
- Have the ability to comprehensively record, understand and interpret the performance curves of Small Gas Turbines
- As well as your technical qualifications, you’ll be a great communicator and influential too, taking charge of teams
- Be able to work confidently on a variety of software control systems including PCS7, S7, Control Logix etc.
- Have a good, in depth knowledge of rotating equipment.
- Leadership & Management – lead and manage onsite resource and the customer to meet project requirements in line
- A flexible attitude to travel is also required
Job Title: Regional Manager
- Manages the day-to-day operations at a defined location;
responsible for all functions and financial metrics in a group of
branches in a specific business segment or small geography.
- Manages branches through Branch Managers.
- Responsible for all functions and financial metrics for the group of branches.
- Develops the Annual Operating Plan with input from Business
Development and Branch Managers; manages the business to the Annual
Operating Plan; monitors all appropriate business metrics including
Branch balanced scorecards, profit and loss metrics, and asset metrics.
- Manages market analysis for span of responsibilities.
- Ensures business growth by managing annual marketing and sales
plan; develops and maintains business relationships with customers, and
develops new business partners and alliances for the business segment or
- Develops a deep understanding of Cummins’ business in the region, globally, and across all business units.
- Manages customer satisfaction for the Branches as measured by
Net Promoter Score and Lens of the Customer programs; encourages a
culture of customer service; recruits, develops, motivates, and retains
high quality customer service employees.
- Manages customer service through Branch operations. Manages
warranty submission and rejection; develops an understanding of
repetitive warranty issues and provides feedback to the organization to
ensure product and service improvement; monitors Repair Event Cycle Time
and implements improvements within the branches.
- Manages compliance with health, safety, and environmental
standards and compliance; oversees health, safety, and environmental
- Encourages a culture of corporate responsibility for the benefit of employees and the communities in which Cummins operates.
- Manages, develops, and motivates employees; completes, agrees to
and monitors work plans and Individual Development Plans for Branch
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent Degree in required Business Administration, Engineering, or related subject required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or Sponsor certification required.
- Significant relevant experience required, including managerial and budgetary experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org