30 Aug 2016
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Job in Abuja for a Finance and Compliance Specialist
non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CR5 operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is recruiting to fill the vacant job position below:
Job Title: Finance and Compliance Specialist
Reports To: Finance Manager
- The Finance and Compliance Specialist (FCS) will ensure that CRS/Nigeria complies with Donor regulations and CRS Agency's Finance Policies and Procedure and Principle of stewardship.
- Assist PMs in Budget Review and Quarterly Cash Forecasting
- Report Sub-Agreement commitments to be recorded in CR9 accounting system.
- Assist in the Preparation of Detailed Protect Budget vs Actual Comparison Report including Sub-recipients Expenditures for Program and Management Review on monthly basis.
- Assist in the preparations of Donor Financial Reports timely, accurately and in accordance with terms and conditions outlined in the grant agreement.
- Creation of payments on the Straight to Bank platform
- Review and process the issuance o project advances in accordance with CRS and Donor Policies and Procedures
- Ensure Project Holder advances are liquidated on timely manner arid they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per CRS policy
- Verify sub-recipients financial reports and associated support documentations and recommend for liquidation and/or reimbursement in accordance with Donor, CRS policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Provide onsite training to sub-recipient’s finance staff when required.
- Travel to the field, to visit sub-recipient when required
- Collaborate with Program Managers to document in protect files, a justification for delays in:
- Issuing project advances: and
- Liquidating the advances: so as to improve partner monitoring and follow up processes Ensure Project’s files both in hard and electronic copies are up to date.
- Report any fraudulent activities, observed as part of the review to the Unit Head immediately.
- Prepare the monthly EFCC Report
- Ensure Sub-recipients advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per CRS policy
- Prepare Sub-recipients Aging Report for Program and Management Review on monthly basis
- Lead the assessments of all sub-recipients using HQ Finance’s checklists to have a stratification of the sub-recipients for Country Program. An A-133 sub-recipient can be rated as high risk by CRS MPI, based upon its A-133 audit results, even if it fares well during the assessment.
- Assist the sub-recipients in preparing a Corrective Action Plan within sixty calendar days of the assessment or monitoring visit that addresses each of- the identified weaknesses in any of the ten assessed areas scored below 75%.
- Ensure financial and programming staffs participate in the financial monitoring, including site visits, of sub-recipient activities. The trip reports must indicate the monitoring steps performed, the processes reviewed, and the result of the testing and reviews
- Ensure all monitors prepare and submit a written trip report for each visit to a Sub-recipient.
- Review and analyze monitoring reports on a timely manner and sign off for further follow up and record for at least three years alter the related grant or project has expired.
- Assist Program Managers in making sure that the sub recipients addresses all issues listed in the Corrective Acton Plan within 120 calendar days of the assessment or monitoring visit.
- Ensure sub-recipients have in place and adheres to a schedule of planned monitoring visits of sub-recipients during each year. The basis for the selection, timing and frequency of its monitoring visit should be properly documented.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Finance Manager, play an active part during monthly/annual financial reporting closure.
- Liaise with the Administration department on deliverables required to meet month end closure timelines such as review of VMS and SON reconciliation, monthly personal vehicle usage computation and preparing the facility allocation table.
- Ensure monthly preparation of partners ageing report for presentation to senior management.
- Liaise with the program unit on deliverables required to meet month/year end closure timelines;
- Ensure monthly preparation of the financial component of National Planning Commission report.
- Ensure Project documents both Programming and Financial Records are readily available for internal/external reviewers.
- Attend and facilitate Donor Representatives, especially Financial Reviewers when required.
- Assist Unit Head in the follow up anti closure of the CP internal and external audit findings associated with local partners.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- Internal: Program Manager(s), Grants Manager, Head of Finance, Finance staff.
- External: Auditor(s), Donor Representative(s)
- Associate member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
- MBA in Finance or Business Administration.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate high level of initiative diplomacy and fact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software - MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel especially);
- Must be if flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Minimum of four years relevant experience, preferably with an International Organization.
- Must be a matured, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong internal relationship management and analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an expression of interest and detailed Resume to: NG_hr@crs.org
Application Deadline Monday 5th September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.