16 Aug 2016
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Jobs in Nigeria, August 16th, 2016
CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming. CRS is expanding its activities in the North-East in the area of Food Security, Nutrition, Non Food Items, Water and Sanitation.
CRS Nigeria seeks for highly qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Report to: Senior Market Manager Slot: 6
Vendor Selection, Registration & Training:
- The Market Coordinator, in collaboration with the FSPO will coordinate the vendor selection through the development and implementation of the vendor selection criteria
- The Market Coordinator in collaboration with the FSPO will register each vendor and provide theta with required project identification, including an ID card and project symbol for display
- The Market Coordinator in collaboration with the FSPO will coordinate with the vendors and conduct training of vendors in voucher methodology. ensuring a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities of the vendor when participating in the voucher program
- Visit every vendor on weekly basis and check stock with them for each food item
- Fill stock taking form with the vendor
- Ensure shops have enough workers to easily handle rushes of customers.
- Spot - check that vendor prices are commensurate with general market prices
- Make sure that vendors are only allowing beneficiaries to spend the total voucher amount on food items and are not giving change in cash for vouchers, or exchanging vouchers directly for cash.
- Close the Vendor Invoice for each vendor, stamp the invoice as closed, collect the Vendor Invoice, and
- Provide the vendor with new Vendor Invoice.
- Check that vendors are writing their codes on the voucher after entering the information into the sales sheet amid giving items to beneficiary.
- Verify vendor voucher counts and record the number of vouchers in each denomination received and the total amount.
- Ensure that vouchers are counted correctly in front of the vendor, and that both parties validate the count,
- Vouchers and all documents will be enclosed and sealed in an envelope with the name and vendor code indicated.
- Review all vendors vouchers and relevant documentation individually for each vendor and submit detailed report for each vendor liquidation to finance.
- Ensure that the following documents are with each vendor’s vouchers before sending to finance;
- Used vouchers
- Vendor shop invoice for payment
- Copy of distribution list of beneficiaries for the month of the liquidation
- Payment request form
- Monitor the constraints, transport, commodity flows, market stocks and prices on a bi-monthly basis using the Marketing Monitoring Form
- In collaboration with the Community Coordinator and FSPO, write monthly project reports describing any changes in the market operational environment during that month.
- Degree in Social Science, Markets, Agriculture, Economics, Finance or another relevant discipline;
- 2-3 years project management experience in international development, preferably in market-based activities
- Demonstrated skills in training and capacity building through technical assistance and mentoring.
- Demonstrated quantitative skills, including Microsoft Excel, and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating information to a variety of stakeholders
- Good interpersonal, skills including ability to work with multiple stakeholders successfully
- Knowledge of and commitment to key development frameworks like the Integral Human Development Framework.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel within Borno State 60% of the time.
Job Title: Senior Market Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Reports To: Emergency Coordinator
- In coordination with the Emergency Coordinator, track, plan and monitor the successful implementation of emergency response programming in the northeast;
- In coordination with the Emergency Coordinator; DCR, and CR, remain abreast of shifting security dynamics and possible hot spots for displacement. As able, develop contingency plans and monitor potential scenarios for IDP flows;
- Develop and regularly update a complete calendar of all emergency program activities;
- Support pilot and start-up activities for all new projects throughout the northeast;
- Provide inputs for situation reports for the region and headquarters as necessary;
- Draft or contribute to donor reports as necessary;
- Collaborate with the MEAL Manager on the development of M&E tools to ensure quality collection of data in the field;
- Collaborate with the EC and MEAL Manager to ensure accountability systems are in place during an emergency response, including, but not limited, anonymous feedback mechanisms;
- Ensure adherence with CRS guiding principles, program quality statements, and standards
- Promote the use of PQ tools and manuals, including the MEAL in Emergencies, ProPack, and Sphere guidelines.
- Manage multi or bi-lateral coordination with other local and international NGOs to reduce the possibility of duplication. In support of this, develop and update an emergency response tracking sheet to document interventions across sectors and geographic areas;
- Attend inter-agency/ working group meetings specifically for the emergency response to assist in coordinating CRS emergency activities in Maiduguri.
- Coordinate and/or represent the project team in professional circles through technical advisory groups, meetings, conferences, and presentations;
- Report weekly to the EC on all coordination activities.
- Support programming staff in the design of high quality programs.
- Contribute to the identification and Pursuit of additional funding for art emergency and/or recovery response, including drafting concept notes and/or proposals with the support of the EC.
- Master's degree in Public Health, International Development or related field
- Minimum of 6 years working experience with at least 3 years working for an INGO with program management responsibilities.
- Experience in emergency programming will be an added advantage Demonstrated ability to manage a public health, WASH, livelihoods or food security projects, including working with government authorities.
- Proven experience working with mind through partner organizations including working with the public sector
- Working knowledge of and experience with UN, USG or GF projects will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the local languages in the NE will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the local terrain in the NE will be an added advantage.
- Excellent English language- oral and written communication skills.
- Excel lent organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to community-hated approach to development.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good decision-making skills.
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Bonso State
Reports To: MEAL Manager
Band: D- 1
Specific Job Responsibilities
The Meal Officer’s specific responsibilities will include the following:
- With technical assistance from the country program MEAL Coordinator and the MEAL RTA, conduct a SMILER workshop at the project start
- Track the project performances against project indicators
- Create and manage databases to ensure the traceability of the project beneficiaries and the vouchers
- Conduct a household level baseline study at the project start
- Regularly lead field volunteers in conducting post distribution surveys
- Regularly lead field volunteers in conducting post distribution market surveys
- Ensure the project final evaluation is carried out in a timely manner
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions during the registration of beneficiaries, the registration of traders/vendors, the monitoring of the project activities, the post distribution household and vendor surveys, and final evaluation
- Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedback and manage complaints
- Ensure a timely submission of monthly post distribution monitoring, market monitoring, feedback and complaint management, and evaluation reports in collaboration with CBO field staff and CGPP
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information and Technology Management, Statistics or any other relevant equivalent degree
- At least 3 years full-time experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably with an international NGO
- Professional proficiency in both English and Hausa
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in MEAL
- Demonstrated experience in database management and usage of ACCESS, SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA and/or EXCEL or other quantitative statistical management programs for data analysis
- Experience designing tools for, collecting and analyzing qualitative data
- High degree of competency and comfort with ICT4E or ICT4D devices, form creation and data management software, and data visualization. Specific skills using I-Forms Builder and Zoho a plus.
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria 50% of the time
Job Title: WASH Manager
Location: Yobe State
Contract Period: 12 months
Starting Date: ASAP
Reporting To: Emergency Coordinator
Liaising with: Emergency Nutritionist and Food Security officers
- The WASH Project Manager (WASH PM) is responsible to provide technical support in initiating and improving the implementation of all WASH activities in CRS Yobe programme ensuring high quality and implemented in line with the country strategy and CRS programme policy.
- The WASH PM is also responsible for the support and capacity building of all WASH partners and staff in Yobe.
- Provide technical leadership to the WASH programme in line with the CRS strategy and programme policy;
- Design and assist implementation of WASH initiatives appropriate to the context. Working in close collaboration with Hygiene Promoters to ensure that technical and social aspects of water and sanitation programming are integrated
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, carry out WASH assessments within affected populations and make recommendations for actions that are consistent with CRS policies and Nigeria Country Strategy
- Provision of technical advice at field level and advising the Country Director, Programme Director, Emergency Coordinators and Project Coordinators on technical approaches and best practices
- Contribute to the development of CRS’s country strategy in Nigeria
- Design projects and programmes in line with identified needs and Sphere/ UNHCR/ donor guidelines and standards
- Work with other sectors; nutrition, Food Security to identify and promote synergy between the sectors and further these through suitable project conceptualisation and designing
- Scoping, facilitating and encouraging innovative approaches to programming in the country office;
- Identify various donor priorities and funding opportunities for WASH interventions and participate in development of high quality proposals and concept notes
- Write and review relevant reports, ensuring these are of high quality and technically accurate;
- Undertake reporting and documentation of relevant WASH experiences and build up institutional learning on aspects of emergency interventions Directly manage, coordinate, develop and expand CRS’s WASH projects in Yobe area, including staff management and budget monitoring
- Assist in the recruitment of WASH staff together with HR and Emergency Coordinators and develop capacity development strategy for staff through short term orientation, on the job training, coaching and other effective modalities
- Ensure a constructive co-operation with other CRS programs, local authorities, other international and local NGOs as well as the UN Agencies
- Representing CRS atsectoral coordination forums and inter-agency engagements
- Leading on monitoring and analysis of policy issues affecting WASH sector and advising the management and policy & advocacy team on key message formation;
- Any other relevant tasks as assigned by the Emergency Coordinator
- In collaboration with the Emergency Coordinator and Operations Manager, prepare contracts and documentation for works and oversee execution of those contracts.
- Together with the Hygiene Promotion Officer, integrate public health concepts into water, sanitation and hygiene activities.
- Any other relevant tasks as assigned by the Emergency Coordinator
- At least 5 years of technical experience implementing WASH related interventions, especially in IDP/ displacement contexts
- Technical background in Public Health. First degree or postgraduate diploma in Public Health Engineering (Water & Sanitation), or similar relevant discipline
- Advanced understanding and experience on programme monitoring and evaluation issues. Ability to design M & E tools relevant to the WASH sector and roll it out to the technical and M & E teams
- Experience in leading multisectoral assessment teams and providing technical guidance on WASH issue
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff
- Experience in project, logistics and admin. management
- High level of communication, interpersonal, representation and negotiation skills
- Good understanding and programmatic experience on various cross cutting issues such as gender, protection and environment
- Ability to write high quality concept notes and technical sections for donor proposals
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages
- Project design and management skills
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Flexible and proactive attitude towards problem-solving
- Experience in Water , Sanitation and Hygiene assessment methodologies
- Familiarity with different hygiene and sanitation approached applicable in Emergency
- Experience in using participatory approaches in project design and implementation
- Knowledge of working with and through local partners in emergency situations
- Ability to work in local language of area where we respond - attends meetings, deliver training, manage staff, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form and send with a detailed 3-page Resume in a single file MS Word document to: NG-HR@global.crs.org
- This will be an open advert until the position have been filled. Position and location must be stated as the subject of the mail.
- Interview will be conducted on a rolling biases and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color religion etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.