Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm
based in Washington. D.C seeks qualified candidate for a Five-year
Agricultural Value-Chain Development Project funded by the U.S. Agency
for International Development (USAID).
Chemonics International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Fund Liaison Officer
- Chemonics seeks a Global Fund Liaison. The liaison is
responsible for providing overall strategic direction, leadership
support, planning and management for the Global Fund’s interim
warehousing and distribution needs in Nigeria.
- The Liaison will work closely with the Global Fund, their
current Principal Recipients (the National Agency for the Control of
AIDS and the Ministry of Health’s National Malaria Elimination Program),
and the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply
Management project (GHSC-PSM).
- The Liaison will monitor programmatic, financial and
administrative performance; supervise the administration of standard
project operating and financial procedures; manage short and long term
technical assistance; and maintain effective communication with the
client, GHSC-PSM leadership, the Chemonics home office, the public and
private sectors, and other USG cooperating agencies. We are looking for
individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of
people around the world.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with clients
and partners including Global Fund, Government of Nigeria (GoN),
GHSC-PSM Nigeria Country Director, USAID, and local governments.
- Identify and transfer historical and forward looking warehousing, distribution, and quality assurance (QA) data.
- Author, compile, review technical reports and deliverables as required.
- Organize and lead meetings with GHSC-PSM functional team leads
and other relevant technical experts to identify strengths, weaknesses,
and opportunities of technical implementation to enable a seamless
transition of operations.
- Work closely with the GHSC-PSM Nigeria country director and
deputy country director to ensure the horizontal integration of the
Chemonics Global Fund and GHSC-PSM teams.
- Adhere to Chemonics’ and the Global Fund policies and procedures
in project management, including HR management, procurement, finance,
- Oversees local-local hire Global Fund Accountant; reviews and approves all local finances, projections, and cash flow.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies for warehousing
and distribution services. Assess risks quarterly and implement risk
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the provision of assistance to build the capacity and capability of national systems.
- Report results of the projects’ work to the Global Fund, GoN
Ministry of Health, other funders, and the Chemonics home office. Ensure
the timely submission of all deliverables.
- Coordinate the management of warehousing and distribution orders
under the Global Fund contract, working closely with all third party
logistics (3PL) providers and the GHSC-PSM team in country, ensuring
standard operating procedure (SOP) for both functions are established
and adhered to, and that they have documented security and insurance
- Identify, develop and maintain strategic alliances that will
ensure the project works in close collaboration with other GoN, the
Global Fund, USG, and donor-supported supply chain programs.
- Strategically identify capacity gaps and arrange for appropriate training of field staff.
- Develop, update, and implement performance monitoring plan that
encompasses commodity security and logistics management indicators and
includes project-wide performance measures.
- Oversee regular data collection and reporting and lead quarterly
reviews of performance analysis to identify issues and drive
- Advanced degree in Health or Management-related discipline.
Additional years of experience may be substituted for an advanced degree
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Prior experience in Nigeria and/or West Africa preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Minimum 8 years of experience and demonstrated ability to manage
and implement complex donor-funded public health programs or projects
in a developing country context
- Experience in public health program management, pharmaceuticals
and medical supplies, and/or supply chain management systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create efficiencies and lead operational
transformation in large complex public health programs, preferably with
experience in medical procurement, logistics or supply chain management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application to: email@example.com Please include “Global Fund Liason- Nigeria” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, Click here (pdf) to download and complete Chemonics’ Equal Employment Opportunity Self-Identification Form and submit it separately to: EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only “Global Fund Liason- Nigeria” in the subject line. If you
prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do
not wish to complete the information requested.”
Application Deadline 15th September, 2016.