leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300
properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned
and managed properties.
Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator
and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned
brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®,
Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®,
Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The
Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs,
Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for
Job Title: General Manager
efficient operation of the hotel, including, but not limited to, the
quality and legal defensibility of services provided, and the
achievement of stated operational goals and profitability objectives.
Manage the operations of the hotel in order to maximize profitability
and to ensure superior guest service and product quality. Participate in
total hotel management as a member of the hotel Executive Committee.
- Lead, through subordinate staff, the effective management of the
Rooms, Food & Beverage and Engineering functional areas to maximize
financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing
levels of guest satisfaction.
- Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable strategic
business plan that defines operational goals and profitability
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality
standards and property image, and to protect assets from neglect, damage
- Direct, manage, train and counsel sales, catering and revenue
management staff. Actively participate in sales presentations, property
tours and customer meetings.
- Direct the maximization of room revenue by anticipation of market
shifts, development and monitoring of annual business and marketing
plans, and participating in appropriate national marketing efforts.
- Measure the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield
management efforts to maximize the number of market segments needed and
to diversify the sources of revenues.
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with
the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers.
- Knowledge of hotels and competitive markets.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Possess advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within
all hotel disciplines, including experiential knowledge for management
of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or
information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Must possess advanced computational ability.
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills.
- Ability to assess/evaluate other employees’ performance in a fair and consistent manner.
Business Administration, or equivalent education/experience required.